Linux pathsubstitution and advancedsettings.xml
Hello
I want to move the file "Thumbnails" on my external hard drive, but it does not work

here is what I did:
so I moved the file "Thumbnails" to the external hard drive (it's not a NAS)

I created and completed the file "advancedsettings.xml"

<Advancedsettings>
<Pathsubstitution>
   <Substitute>
     <From> Special: // masterprofile / Thumbnails / </ from>
     <To> = nfs: //192.168.1.93/opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/SATA_DISK_e1673cf2-b72e-4fb7-bc6f-3a96dbd34a3c4/kodi/Thumbnails/ </ to>
   </ Substitute>
</ Pathsubstitution>
</ Advancedsettings>
(2018-04-03, 15:17)monfiston Wrote: so I moved the file "Thumbnails" to the external hard drive (it's not a NAS)

Don't start with that ^^

Don't move the original file to another location. Keep it where it is and then edit the advancedsettings.xml. After a restart of Kodi the substituted thumbnails folder should be populated with new data. The old data will stay at the original location, IIRC.

I tried that myself (moving the original one and point Kodi via path-sub to it) and it didn't work for me as well.

If you (for example) start with a fresh library and substituted the thumbnails folder from the beginning, you will have any data on the substituted location.

What I haven't tried yet is to do it both....

- keep the original file
- path-sub it to a new location (edit advancedsettings.xml)
- restart kodi
- check if the new location is populated with data
- and then, after the new location is populated with data move the contents of the thumbnails-folder to the other location.

My guess is, that this won't work as well, as there might be infos stored in the database containing a path to the thumbs located on the original location and Kodi won't find them because Kodi gets its data from the database.

For that reason, if you want everything stored at a different location, I guess you have to start from scratch. If you don't care that you have data on both locations, just substitute it but don't move the original folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pathsubstitution and advancedsettings.xml0