Some Episodes in DVD Order, Some In Aired Order
Hello,

I've been bashing my head against the wall on this one.  I've been trying to scrape Rick Steves' Europe DVD Season 8 using the DVD Order settings.  I've updated the settings for that folder to "Use DVD Order".

What's strange is that 2 of the 6 episodes are scraping correctly (using the DVD order) while the other 4 are scraping incorrectly (using the aired order). Specifically, episodes 4 & 6 are using the DVD order, while episodes 1, 2, 3, & 5 are using the streamed order.  I've checked on TVDB, and all 6 episodes contain DVD order information, and I can't see any difference in the way the information is stored that might cause it to scrape differently.

I've tried a variety of naming structures that are all exhibiting this behavior. The current one I'm using is:
  • Rick Steves' Europe
    • S08E01.0
    • S08E02.0
    • etc.

TVDB - DVD Order Information

TVDB - Aired Order Information

Any suggestions?
Hello @wanderlust456

There is no DVD Order data for Season 8. The only reason that those two episodes seemingly scrape DVD Order is that they happen to match the Aired Order.

I see the season is still unlocked, so you can hop on the site and enter the data.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi @Karellen, thank you for your reply.

Can you show me where you're seeing that the DVD order data is not entered correctly? Here are the 6 episodes that I'm looking at:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
For all of these entries, I see the DVD Season listed as 8 and the DVD Episode Number as 1.0-6.0.  For the two that did match correctly, neither the season nor the episode for the DVD information match the aired episode information.
Oh, that is interesting... You have linked to Season 2

I am looking at Season 8 as seen in the images. The first image shows DVD details are missing. Also shown at the episode level in the second image.

In your link, it is Season 2 that you have linked to, but the DVD Details are for Season 8.

Looks like the listings are totally messed up on TVDB How can Season 2 Aired Order be Season 8 DVD Order? Does your scraped metadata actually match the episode when you play it?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks @Karellen 
I believe what happened is that when the episodes were aired, the locations were somewhat random.  You can see on TVDB that in Season 1 for Aired Order that S01 E01 was in Portugal, S01 E02 was in Paris, S01 E03 was South England, etc.  For the DVD Set, they organized the DVDs by Country (click "What's included").  The DVD I have is the "Ireland and Scotland" one, which is the 8th DVD in the set, so I imagine that makes it Season 8 in the DVD order?

So while it's fairly confusing, I do believe the data on TVDB is technically correct. (The TVDB aired order appears to match Wikipedia's data as well).

The way Kodi has scraped the data seems to be inconsistent though. Here's how it scraped it:
  • S08 E01 Scrapes as "Western Turkey" which is the Aired Order
  • S08 E02 Scrapes as "Central Turkey" (aired order, same problem as E01)
  • S08 E03 Scrapes as "France's Loire" (aired order, same problem as E01)
  • S08 E04 Scrapes as "Belfast and the Best of North Ireland" - which is DVD order (so this one scrapes the way I'd expect)
  • S08 E05 scrapes as "The Best of Israel" (aired order, same problem as E01)
  • S08 E06 scrapes as "Edinburgh" which is the DVD order (this one is also correct)
So that's the confusing part - why some of them are scraping the DVD order correctly and some aren't.  Any thoughts?
Thanks for the explanation @wanderlust456

It still comes down to the same problem I mentioned previously- the DVD info is missing. I tested the show and got the same results as you.

Because the Aired Order and DVD Order listings are so radically different in this TV Show, then ALL episodes in the show must have the DVD Order details entered.

Whenever DVD Order details are missing, and you are trying to scrape via DVD Order, then the scraper will just fall back to Aired Order.

Looking at the Season listings, the following Seasons have incomplete DVD details... 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9. There are 83 episodes without DVD details.

With all these gaps in information, you won't be able to correctly scrape DVD Order until the information is entered.

If the task of adding the missing info is too big, then you could work with the scraper as follows...

1. Change the naming of the episode files to match the Aired Order and scrape the episodes (this will scrape the correct metadata for the show)
2. Export the library to NFO Files... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library (now you have the correct info, just in the wrong order)
3. Remove the show from the library
4. Change the episode file names back to their DVD Order naming
5. Change the NFO filename to match the newly named episode
6. Edit the NFO Files. Change the <season></season> and <episode></episode> tags to the correct dvd order
7. Re-scan the show into the library. If all was done correctly, the episodes will now be in their correct DVD Order

Yes a bit of work, but it is either update dvd details for 83 episodes, or do the above steps.
My Signature
Thank you @Karellen, I think I've got a solution for the immediate problem at hand.  I went back and added the DVD information for Aired Episodes S08 E01-06.  Once there was DVD Information for the Aired Episodes of those Seasons and Episodes, Kodi was able to correctly pull the DVD information for those season/episode combos.

I have added some more DVD information for the series, although I think that will be an ongoing project because there is quite a bit of information to be added, like you mentioned.

Thank you for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Episodes in DVD Order, Some In Aired Order0