linuxmce
Currently I am using Linuxmce and I am giving Kodi a long hard look. I have a server running, which hosts my media, a TV-Tuner und takes care of my phonecalls. Additionally I have a small atom-based box (diskless) which is connected to a projector and a raspberry pi which I currently abuse as an internetradio in the kitchen.
If I were to move to kodi with this- I doubt it supports a diskless computer via PXE, correct? In this case I would have to set it up on each of the three computers separately - is this even possible? 
Could you guys give me some pointers on this?
Thanks!
Wow I haven't seen a reference to linuxmce for years.

Kodi has no built in tv recorder, you need to use a backend like mythtv or tvheadend. Fortunately linuxmce seems to have mythtv, so my suggestion is just tokeep that as your backend.

If you want a kodi frontend, I believe LibreELEC has a network boot option.

I see that linuxmce also does a bit of home automation, dimming lights when you play etc. That is fine with Kodi too. There are addons.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the advice. I am still doing some research. I did a testinstall on a laptop to get an idea about Libreelec. I must say that I like the way it looks and feels, but there are a few things I am very much used to with lmce...the simplest thing is having a networkbridge with a dhcp-server and a nice firewall. I have yet to find out how this is done in Libreelec, but it looks like manual labour. Once I found this out, next would be having networkboot for the boxes on the internal network. If an appliance like Libreelec or Openelec would have this out of the box, they would truly shine.
Lets see, what I will find out.
Yes i believe Libreelec can do network boot, but I have not tested it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
linuxmce0