Problem upgrading to Milhouse builds
It was a long time since I tried the testbuilds. So I decided to start from scratch. Downloaded the LibreElec USB-SD creator, and installed 8.2.4. Everything worked fine.

Then I tried to put a tar file in the Update folder, and now Kodi don't start. It boots, but only a black picture.
I got this zip-file with logfiles in my Logfiles folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ELy52N...tF8Nf9p2JH

I can't remember that I had any problems the last time I tried, but can't figure out the problem now. In that specific log I tried version #101, but before that I tried #402 and #301 because I thought there maybe was a problem with a specific version.
But all versions had the same problem. I could try with another version if that should help. Just let me know, anyone with a suggestion to what I could try =)
I've been looking at the logs and I can't find any problem - Kodi is starting and isn't crashing, and there's no obvious error. I'm not sure what is happening or why you are not getting any output.

Do you see the LE splash followed by the Kodi splash?

In the log I can see Kodi starting, apparently normally, then it starts processing what I think are add-on updates - we (LibreELEC) did have a server problem on 2nd April which caused problems installing/updating add-ons but I don't think it would have prevented Kodi from starting, but maybe worth trying again.

Can you create /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml:
text:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
as that will enable debug logging.

Also try testing with the latest release (currently #0405) as that makes troubleshooting a little easier.

If you continue to have problems please upload another logfile zip.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you for looking at this Milhouse.

I restarted again with 8.2.4
Made just basic configuration, connect to network and enable ssh and samba
Created the advanced settings file
Copied #405 to the Update folder
Rebooted

Same as before. After the upgrade and the automatic reboot I see the boot splash and the text line that I'm using #405, then just black picture. No Kodi splash. I hope there is more info in this log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15eWDZe...Cak7Wfmoj3
Does anyone else have any suggestions to what I could try. Don’t really understand why 8.2.4 works and not the upgrade to Milhouse builds. It was working a few months ago, but when I started from scratch I can’t get it to work again.

I appreciate any help.
@Milhouse Do you think you have the time and possibility to take a look at my last logfile? If there is any clue there why I can't get it to work.
I've had a look, but again I'm not seeing any obvious problem that would explain why you're not seeing the GUI.

At the moment I can only suggest resetting .kodi, or trying a different power supply.

To reset kodi (while booted into #0405 or later):
1. Login with ssh (user: root, password: libreelec)
2. Stop kodi with systemctl stop kodi
3. Rename .kodi with mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi.bak
4. Reboot

and see if that helps.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem upgrading to Milhouse builds0