This is aimed at the Moderators etc!
Firstly, the Forum members are always happy to help. However, moderators etc are a different breed! It seems to them, anyone new to Kodi and seeking help, are not tollerated and worthy of arrogant miss guided comments. We are not always blessed with your knowledge and we use piracy downloads without realising it! If you want to slowly kill Kodi, your going about it the right way!! Carry on with your acidic put downs!! It’s not mirrored anywhere else.

Delete me from this forum, your going to anyway!! And think long and hard about the way you treat new members!
Looks like that is aimed at me... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2721989

I did not put you down in any way, so stop being so sensitive. I simply advised you that you were using banned add-ons and, in accordance with our forum rules, your post would be removed shortly.

You are right though, we don't tolerate discussions about items that enable Piracy and Copyright Infringement in this forum. To claim that you had no knowledge of your actions is just silly.

No, you are not being removed from this forum. You can post again, as long as your Kodi is clean. But if you want to close your account, please make your request here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291734
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I agree.

But note:  "You're going..."
Take a look at the Garbage/Rule Violation section of the forums, there are plenty of binned posts every day, I get sick of seeing them and I'm not even part of the Kodi team.

Instead of complaining why not offer up an alternative method of dealing with these dozens upon dozens of nonsense posts about 'builds' and other such junk. How would you deal with them, bearing in mind there are so many? Give us your answer instead of just complaining.
I must say I am pretty poor at reading T&C's when I sign up, but I never then moan if I breach rules I haven't read.
So @Fithawk, what exactly are you complaining about. I have reviewed the previous thread (as pointed to by @Karellen ) and you were dealt with politely. He also gave you the solution (ie to download directly from us rather than some other source.)

Good luck in using Kodi, you are very welcome here, but if you don't want our help, so be it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-04-06, 00:17)Fithawk Wrote: And think long and hard about the way you treat new members!
Guess what... We already did that a long time ago.
I find it pretty funny, that users who use repositories/addons for stealing videos, get upset when they don't get any further information or support.
You properly probably also take a stolen car to some garage, and then be surprised when the mechanic doesn't want to repair your car.
We wrote the rules to educate users as well as to protect our brand and image. We even simplified them, and present them on the screen when you sign up here.

As the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink", and the same is true with users. There's only so much we can do, and if you can't do us the courtesy of reading them, why do you expect to be treated in such a way back?

And Kodi isn't for profit or a popularity contest. You seem to think we want every user we can get. I can tell you that if we could push a button and remove all the 3rd party piracy parasites permanently then we certainly would, even if it cost us 90% of our user base. We get the same income from 600,000 users properly using Kodi for free then from 6 million who are mostly abusing it with piracy crap.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you for all the pleasant replies. As for all the Piracy comments, believe what you will. I was trying to get the official Remote App to work. Having seen that the remote works on Eden 11 or higher, I saw Eden Ultimate, believing I was getting something that the remote would work with. Period. It’s now dumped and I’m going down this forums download...............

As a beginner, seeing the Kodi logo ‘everywhere’ is extremely misleading. Now I know it’s only here that the official route lies. Again, believe what you will.
We welcome reports of trademark breaches.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It’s only ‘here’ where the official rules lie, is because of this:

You are talking directly to Team Kodi
It is on their forum that you are talking to them, which is a modified version of a forum based software maintained by Team Kodi
The forum sits on a server.... also belonging to Team Kodi.

I personally have seen ALL the issues XBMC has had, from Boxee to you know who, and the fallout that happened. To be honest I’m not surprised there isn’t an even tougher stance on piracy here.

The ‘logo everywhere’ is down to YouTube ‘content creators’ profiteering off FOSS and facilitating Piracy, (illegal in most countries) also tabloid papers, especially in the U.K. like scaremongering the public, and feed misinformation about the project.

Lastly, this project is done for fun, and as a hobby, with no monetary gain, yes that might be a shocker to some, but that’s how FOSS works, some of us get perverse enjoyment in playing with code for ourselves and let the world enjoy it too. Unfortunately due to its nature of being FOSS, (Freedom 0) it means that anyone can use it for any thing they like, including any unintended purpose.

This is the official stance as it is the law, if you want to pirate, pirate away, but don’t expect any support from official channels, would you ring Microsoft when your cracked copy of Office doesn’t work? No, then don’t expect the same from unpaid volunteers from an Open Source software foundation.

PS I’m a passionate user of FOSS, especially this project, and not a member of Team Kodi.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
I just wanted to offer an opinion from another (relatively) new user. I've been involved in the FOSS community for a LONG time. I was a senior developer for Arch Linux for many years, have worked on and been a core contributor for WordPress, contributed to Ubuntu core, submitted numerous patches for the Linux kernel, Apache, and many other open source products, and have written, released or contributed to innumerable other projects.

My experiences in the open source community over the years have been varied. Some project communities have been welcoming and helpful, some have eagerly accepted contributions, some have been downright unpleasant to work with. Kodi, thankfully, has by and large been a pleasure to work with thus far. I've been using Kodi for a long time; since the early XBMC days in fact. However, I never really got involved in the forums (or even looked at them) until recently. My first day on the forums, I had a brief interaction with a moderator. I won't go into what caused it (I did nothing wrong, nor did he), nor will I single out the mod in question, but I will say that his behavior blew me away.

Many mods in FOSS forums are happy to be a behind-the-scenes presence; only speaking up if a situation necessitates interaction. This is understandable; FOSS projects are a labor of love. There is little to no financial gain, and people have real-world obligations which limit the amount of time they can spend on any given project. Family does come first, after all, and good wishes don't put food on the table. However, this particular mod took the time to not only help me with a rather insignificant issue that didn't at all require moderator interaction, but actually took the time to engage me in a brief discussion, one on one. This is the kind of behavior that should be shown by mods. People like that are what make FOSS communities worthwhile.

While the interaction in question was insignificant and brief, it set the stage for what has been my overall experience to date with the Kodi community. As long as people abide by the clearly stated, and usually forgiving, rules, this is a wonderful community which is more than worth investing time and energy into. Thanks to all those who make it possible, and special thanks to the first mod who I spoke with after joining this community (you know who you are) Smile
@evertiro I agree. I have had a similar experience with a mod, although I don't actually do much, if there is something on the wiki I will try and update it, I am also in the process of updating UK Freeview data tables for TVheadend. (quick learning GitHub as we speak). 

If it wasn't for that mod to help me, I wouldn't be helping other FOSS projects, which just so happens to be in Team Kodi's mission! So, again, you know who you are. thanks again. I am hoping that if the I can keep it going, I might just learn python (I have tried learning code, but can only edit it.... been a goal since I was 6!, now I'm 42, and am still trying!)

Unfortunately the users that come on here asking for help on piracy apps are unaware that these are third party, and the FOSS nature of Kodi, hence these types of threads that pop up from time to time.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This is aimed at the Moderators etc!0