TVDB - version questions and errors
(2019-08-08, 06:18)Karellen Wrote: @crazyhands911

Thanks but you did not enable debug mode in Settings>System Settings>Logging, so there is not enough information. Can you try again.

And can you upload one of your nfo files to Kodi Paste Site.

Also, you will need to remove Archer from your library and rescrape it so the scraping process is caught in the log.
@Karellen 

Archer TV Show.nfo
Archer S10E05 - 1999 Mr. Deadly Goes To Town.nfo
Kodi.old
Kodi.old is just me turning on the debug log and removing Archer from my library.
I deleted the .nfo's before I ran the scrape, so it would show the scrape not it pulling the .nfo info, but the file is too big for Kodi Paste Site. If I try to load it all at once, it crashes the browsers. I tried to piece it in slowly, and after about 30 minutes of working on it, I seemed to run out of space, as it looked like the last paste just stacked all of the words ontop of one another in the last line to make a solid while line almost. I was not able to return down to create new lines and when I went to save it, the site crashed.
Any other suggestions for getting the debug file to you? File is 214,535 KB.
@crazyhands911

The nfo files look fine.

The kodi.old log has no information of value for this issue.

Removing the nfo files before the scrape is correct.

As for your 214MB log, that is crazy large. Did you restart Kodi after enabling debug mode? Did you use Update Library and do you have a fairly large library?

It is best if you restart Kodi after enabling debug mode. Then find your tv show in Videos>Files and select i on your keyboard to start the scan of that one show. Obviously it needs to be removed from the library before you do any of this.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-09, 07:47)Karellen Wrote: @crazyhands911

The nfo files look fine.

The kodi.old log has no information of value for this issue.

Removing the nfo files before the scrape is correct.

As for your 214MB log, that is crazy large. Did you restart Kodi after enabling debug mode? Did you use Update Library and do you have a fairly large library?

It is best if you restart Kodi after enabling debug mode. Then find your tv show in Videos>Files and select i on your keyboard to start the scan of that one show. Obviously it needs to be removed from the library before you do any of this.
@Karellen 

I did start the debug, closed Kodi, and then reopened it and directly went to update library. I do have a pretty massive library and it does take a long time to go through and run an update library, about 22 mins to fully complete, even with only a few, to no new items to actually add. So, if you have tips to reduce that scan time, I'm all ears on that too, lol. Fyi, it took 16 mins to perform a library export with separate files overwriting old files, did not export actor images.

So while removing these files and everything, the extra episodes have not returned, which is a little weird, as I had removed the .nfo files before and the episodes had previously returned. Perhaps the issue is fixed with the changes TVDB has recently made to revert. Those extra episodes didn't originally populate when scanning the shows, they just showed up one day a couple months ago, so perhaps it was an issue with how TVDB was doing stuff.

I went ahead and attached files for Attack on Titan and Soul Eater, as I tested out a couple of theories with these shows. Both shows had a single episode duplicated into an odd season, so I removed the whole show for Attack on Titan and all of the .nfo files for the show and individual episodes. For Soul Eater, I removed just the single episode effected and the .nfo files for both the show and the single episode effected, to see if it made a difference, but they both did not have the extra episodes appear after the single addition scans.

The scan to library debug file was too long for one file still, though only 1,242KB this time, so I split it in half.
Attack on Titan Scrape Part 1

Attack on Titan Scrape Part 2

Attack on Titan TV Show.nfo

Attack on Titan Ep 1.nfo

For Soul Eater, I only removed the single effected episode and the tv show and episode.nfo files and scanned to library and for new content both.
Soul Eater Scrape for new content

Soul Eater Ep 27.nfo

So...before I actually sent this, I did some last checks on stuff to ensure I could do nothing to get them to reappear. I so after doing all of the above, I did the export which took about 16 mins as I stated before, and then I did another library update. So Attack on Titan, Soul Eater, and Modern Family all had the episodes reappear that I had just removed. Archer on the other hand, did not reappear.

Attack on Titan Tv Show.nfo 2

Attack on Titan Ep1.nfo 2

Archer TV Show.nfo 2

s10e05 - 1999 Mr. Deadly Goes to Town.nfo 2

I didn't notice much difference between the .nfo files really. The actor's names were in a different order on the single episode .nfo. On the Tv Show.nfo, there an additional actor (David Cross) at the end and Season 10 poster and banners appeared

Season 10 missing from old.nfo

There are a number of differences between the TV Show and episode.nfo files for Attack on Titan though. Again, I completely deleted the .nfo files before scraping and did an export and overwrote any .nfo files. So for some reason Archer seems to be fixed, at the moment, but the others continue to be problematic.
(2019-08-10, 02:13)crazyhands911 Wrote: I did start the debug, closed Kodi, and then reopened it and directly went to update library
Ok, you have Auto Update on startup enabled. Disable that. You don't really need to scan your entire library to find one or two new episodes or tv shows, especially if you have a large library.
Disable 2.1 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Li...eo_Library

(2019-08-10, 02:13)crazyhands911 Wrote: So, if you have tips to reduce that scan time, I'm all ears on that too
Items 3.4 and 3.5 are probably better options... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos

As for the rest, a lot to go through.

(2019-08-10, 02:13)crazyhands911 Wrote: I went ahead and attached files for Attack on Titan and Soul Eater, as I tested out a couple of theories with these shows. Both shows had a single episode duplicated into an odd season, so I removed the whole show for Attack on Titan and all of the .nfo files for the show and individual episodes. For Soul Eater, I removed just the single episode effected and the .nfo files for both the show and the single episode effected, to see if it made a difference, but they both did not have the extra episodes appear after the single addition scans.
For Archer:
Looking through the logs for Archer, it confirms what you state. There are no duplicate entries. S01E101-125, S02E212 and S03E301-322 are scraped once each, either through nfo files or scraper. So I cannot see a problem there. The NFO file also looks in order and no spurious data that sometimes comes from the use of Media Managers. All ID's are present and correctly formatted, which is what I initially thought the problem would be, but is not.

For Soul Eater:
All 51 episodes are correctly identified but I do not see that episode 27 being added to the library. Maybe you cut that bit out of the log?

Another thing I noticed is a difference in the paths in use...
VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match smb://CRAZYNAS/Anime/Soul Eater/Season 1/127 in one section of the log
VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match smb://CrazyNAS/Anime/Soul Eater/Season 1/127 and this in another section. Notice previous line uses uppercase, this line uses lowercase CRAZYNAS / CrazyNAS.

Could that be causing a problem? I don't know why it would suddenly change like that.

(2019-08-10, 02:13)crazyhands911 Wrote: So Attack on Titan, Soul Eater, and Modern Family all had the episodes reappear that I had just removed.
By this do you mean the duplicate episodes?

Unfortunately, the other problematic ones don't show in the logs you provided.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-10, 02:58)Karellen Wrote: Ok, you have Auto Update on startup enabled. Disable that. You don't really need to scan your entire library to find one or two new episodes or tv shows, especially if you have a large library.
I have that off. I had to turn it off several days ago during the TVDB scraper issues, otherwise my Kodi crashed before I could get into it to do anything. I had to kill my internet connection to get past the auto-update to turn it off.
(2019-08-10, 02:58)Karellen Wrote: Items 3.4 and 3.5 are probably better options... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos
I usually have a number items to update into the library at once, so picking individual items to scan isn't going to work, so I'll just have to wait for it to finish I guess.
(2019-08-10, 02:58)Karellen Wrote: Looking through the logs for Archer, it confirms what you state. There are no duplicate entries. S01E101-125, S02E212 and S03E301-322 are scraped once each, either through nfo files or scraper. So I cannot see a problem there. The NFO file also looks in order and no spurious data that sometimes comes from the use of Media Managers. All ID's are present and correctly formatted, which is what I initially thought the problem would be, but is not.
(2019-08-10, 02:58)Karellen Wrote: For Soul Eater:
All 51 episodes are correctly identified but I do not see that episode 27 being added to the library. Maybe you cut that bit out of the log?
Nothing was cut for those logs. I guess I didn't check to see if episode 27 was scraped, as I only deleted the season 8 version of the episode, not season 1 episode 27, which was correct. I did it differently than Attack on Titan to see if it made a difference to remove the whole show versus just the duplicated episode.
(2019-08-10, 02:58)Karellen Wrote: Another thing I noticed is a difference in the paths in use...
I have 4 PCs that all have the same build linked to my QNAP so I can run mysql and sync watched shows and progress from any computer I happen to watch them on, so I guess I could have setup a source in all caps on one device at one point and time. I can investigate that.
(2019-08-10, 02:58)Karellen Wrote:  
(2019-08-10, 02:13)crazyhands911 Wrote: So Attack on Titan, Soul Eater, and Modern Family all had the episodes reappear that I had just removed.
By this do you mean the duplicate episodes?

Unfortunately, the other problematic ones don't show in the logs you provided. 
Correct, Attack on Titan has a Season 20 now with one episode in it. By looking at the details, it is S01E01 - To You, in 2000 Years: The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 1
Soul Eater has a Season 8 now which contains S01E27 - 800 Year Old Murderous Intent - The Heretic Witch's Descent?
Modern Family also has a Season 20, which contains S01E22 - Airport 2010.

All three episodes include a large number someplace in the title, which seems to correlate with the erroneous Season #, 800 so Season 8, etc.

The logs I attached did not show the errant scrape, because they did not appear during the individual show scrapes that I did. They appeared after I backed up my library, having Kodi create the .nfo files and overwriting any old files, and then I ran another library update. This is when they reappeared. I would have attached it, but again, this file was over 38,000 KB and would never have fit on the paste site.
xml:
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match smb://CrazyNAS/Anime/Attack on Titan/Season 1/101 - To You, in 2000 Years- The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 1.mkv (s1e1) [[\\/\._ -]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9](?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([\._ -][^\\/]*)$]
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new season 20, multipart episode 0 [^[-_ex]+([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)]
Missed it first time, but now that you spelt it out in your previous post I had a closer look. Line 1894 in this log... https://paste.kodi.tv/bewuhetura.kodi

The scanner thinks you are using split episode naming.

Look at the table here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...e_Episodes and you will see that your numbering system is the sixth regex to be checked. And that particular regex format can misinterpret years as episode numbers. If you used, say s01e01, then the scanner would ignore the year in the filename as it is a different format. It won't use two different regex formats in the one filename.

Nothing can be done about that. It is the disadvantage of using the lowest rated regex in the system. I suggest using S01E01 format.
My Signature
@Karellen 

Thanks for catching that. I plan to make a change to my naming convention going forward. It is still odd that it went back and suddenly created these, since they were not created with the original scans, and that Archer did not reappear, given the same naming convention and more episodes to have the chance to screw up, since every episode in season 10 should be subject to this issue.

Again, I was using this naming convention well before I was using Kodi, so I didn't know better, and it felt weird not to be consistent throughout my collection.

I would consider renaming everything, but I fear that would cause a ton of issues with my watched shows tracking and .nfo files, not to mention I have no idea how I would rename everything from my naming convention to the better naming convention, since programs like FileBot aren't going to recognize the show with its current convention. If you have any suggestions on that, I'm open to ideas. I guess I can go back and edit the individual episodes that are currently being problems at least, to fix the current issue.
Yes, renaming would cause other issues with playcount. But it depends on how much work you want to invest. Export the library and change the nfo filenames along with the video filenames, then scan everything back in and it should all be the same.

I use this for bulk renaming... https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

(2019-08-10, 18:56)crazyhands911 Wrote: I guess I can go back and edit the individual episodes that are currently being problems at least, to fix the current issue.
Yes, that would be the simplest solution, and make a decision for the long term fix at a later time. But for new shows you add to the library, it would be worth using the s01e01 numbering system. Less work in the future if/when you decide to change the system in use.
My Signature
Hello again, some problems I can't seem to solve. TVDB will not show correct information on my shows.

Also Studio White fails to install so what can I do?

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/j47wtV4hny/
(2019-09-15, 18:14)Ices Wrote: Also Studio White fails to install so what can I do?
There might be some corruption in the folder or file, so try this...
Go to C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons and look for resource.images.studios.white. Delete it.
Go to Settings>Addons>Install from repository>Look and feel>Image collections and install Studio Icons- White or any other studio icon you prefer.

(2019-09-15, 18:14)Ices Wrote: Hello again, some problems I can't seem to solve. TVDB will not show correct information on my shows.
You have not scraped anything in the log, so there is nothing to see.
Provide more information like tv show names, links to the show at the tvdb site, a Debug Log which captures you scraping the show and any other information you think is relevant.
My Signature
(2019-09-16, 00:54)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-09-15, 18:14)Ices Wrote: Also Studio White fails to install so what can I do?
There might be some corruption in the folder or file, so try this...
Go to C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons and look for resource.images.studios.white. Delete it.
Go to Settings>Addons>Install from repository>Look and feel>Image collections and install Studio Icons- White or any other studio icon you prefer.

(2019-09-15, 18:14)Ices Wrote: Hello again, some problems I can't seem to solve. TVDB will not show correct information on my shows.
You have not scraped anything in the log, so there is nothing to see.
Provide more information like tv show names, links to the show at the tvdb site, a Debug Log which captures you scraping the show and any other information you think is relevant. 

Thanks for the studio white info it worked. The second problem is not with TVDB but with TVShow-Next Aired I had to roll back again from version 7.01 to 6.0.15 to get to dates to show correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB - version questions and errors0