Solved v18 - [Windows] Hardware accelerated playback is choppy unless an overlay is present
(2018-05-26, 14:55)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-05-26, 13:58)beeswax Wrote: Hm, I'm getting mixed results now. After everything looked ok in a portable install of the latest nightly, I installed it properly and tested on my TV (was testing on the monitor before) but I'm back to the terrible stuttering again now. I was on the next-to-latest Nvidia driver so updated to the new one with no improvement.

On the test NUC, everything looked fine with Win10 1709 but I just did a clean install of 1803 and the new nightly - back to stuttering again. Further investigation required
 Are you sure you do not have some "Cinema Mode" in the TV enabled? Some TVs are quite dump when they are asked to calculate intermediate images, actively breaking correct 24p playback? Please turn all those off.
Nothing such activated, my lg plasma is 10 years old and I am happy that it displays something [emoji3]

24p dxva playback with same hardware was no issue in v17.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Windows] Hardware accelerated playback is choppy unless an overlay is present - by popy - 2018-05-26, 19:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v18 - [Windows] Hardware accelerated playback is choppy unless an overlay is present0