Solved v18 - [Windows] Hardware accelerated playback is choppy unless an overlay is present
(2018-05-29, 12:13)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-05-29, 10:49)beeswax Wrote:
(2018-05-29, 09:52)FernetMenta Wrote:  You are using crap from NVidia, right? I don't think NVIdia has fixed the 23.976 bug (all plattforms affected). NVidia crap was known not to switch to 23.976 but 23.971. Search the web for this bug or get yourself some decent hardware.  
 How did we get onto blaming Nvidia for this?  I don't get it.  I can use Nvidia hardware acceleration in Kodi 17.6 and MPC-HC/MadVR at 24Hz without issue, only Kodi 18 has this problem.     
 If others better "workaround" that won't change the original bug. Though - from latest Linux output of nvidia cards it seems they get better. This is not true for older cards. Just last week we found an LE user with older GPU that exactly had 23.971 hz ... instead of a proper one. Syncing against that will cause issues every some seconds.    
(2018-05-29, 09:52)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2018-05-29, 06:37)popy Wrote: That combination are known to work. When you switch sync to display of, enable refresh rate, Whitelist 1080p with 23,98 hz 24 hz and play an 24hz MKV, the stutter is back. Can you please confirm and if so, make a debug log of the stutter and post it in the ticket or here.

Thx
 You are using crap from NVidia, right? I don't think NVIdia has fixed the 23.976 bug (all plattforms affected). NVidia crap was known not to switch to 23.976 but 23.971. Search the web for this bug or get yourself some decent hardware.    
@FernetMenta you are right, i am using two brand new NVIDA "MSI GeForce GT 1030 2GH LP OC 2GB", have bought them extra too decode 4K (not needed currently until ill swap out my tv).
They worked like a charm in kodi v17 WITH dxva & other players, like @beeswax already mentioned. Also ill think the difference between 23.976 but 23.971 are so marginal, so it would stutter (drop frame) every few seconds (like @fritsch mentioned) and not like in our case, hundreds of dropped frames (=unwatchable) in minutes.

I am a c/c++ developer my self (sadly no windows dxva knowledge) and know how hard it is to solve an issue just from logs or by debugging with other users.
So here is my question: is it possible to activate/reinstall your windows maschine (you have stated that it died recently)?
Or i can borow you that crappy nvidia card, if that helps.

Another question, what do you mean with decent hardware?
Isn't a 1030 enought for 1080p playback  Blush
Any recommendations for better DXVA playback without swapping out my complete Mobo, RAM, CPU?

thx
pOpY

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Windows] Hardware accelerated playback is choppy unless an overlay is present - by popy - 2018-05-29, 12:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v18 - [Windows] Hardware accelerated playback is choppy unless an overlay is present0