Due to maintenance, our forum will be offline for a short while on Monday June 1st, around 22:00 UTC.

how to: run Kodi in a Docker container with audio and video
Is anyone running this on Unraid? Been watching this project for a while as I've been buying parts for a new HTPC setup and I'm really looking forward to ditching Windows as the main OS.
Is anyone using this with VNC or something like this? My server has no display connected, but I would like to be able to connect via VNC, etc.. x11docker has the ability, but if anyone has already done this, a small guide would be nice Wink
What's the status of this project?
(2019-12-31, 15:40)Marx1 Wrote: What's the status of this project?
Active. Last commit was three weeks ago, which was an update to Kodi 18.5.

https://github.com/ehough/docker-kodi
May I ask if it's possible, to run this docker as a service being able to "connect" to the "head"? Xpra possibly?
Someone having this set up in a way and is able to provide infos?
(2020-01-12, 17:42)Uatschitchun Wrote: May I ask if it's possible, to run this docker as a service being able to "connect" to the "head"? Xpra possibly?
I know that x11docker has (at least some) xpra capabilities. I would suggest checking out the relevant x11docker issues on GitHub or simply posting a new issue there with your question.
This guide could be helpful for you guys: https://benjamin-brummer.de/2018/06/13/k...ic-beaver/
The autor installed kodi directly on the host. But he installed the xserver-xorg-legacy and configure kodi to use the monitor.
I can think of mixing docker and the X11-Server to get video and sound.
What I personally would like to achieve is to start kodi as a service without direct graphical output and be able to fire up the screen anytime I like.
Have experimented with xpra & x11docker. So kodi starts against a xpra session but not open it, making it possible to attach & detach to that session from localhost or via ssh from any other pc on the network.
That way it would combine a headless kodi with being able to play audio on the server without the need to run a xserver. Being able to attach to the session makes it possible to run maintenances directly on that instance in a more comfortable way than with using the web-ui via "xpra attach"

Problem is that the x11docker xpra setup seems to be unstable and is crashing sometimes...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to: run Kodi in a Docker container with audio and video51
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.