• 10(current)
Beta xmltv Meld - creates a single xmltv file from rytec, zap etc
Sounds nice but how to start the update manually (nice and simple) from the UI? :-)
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
Problem is, the tv data from koditvepg.com was corrupted sometimes and so I was looking for a way to update tv data manually to check if data is ok again - and all this as effortless as possible from the UI under LibreELEC with a remote in my hand...
(2018-10-21, 18:06)C.O.D. Wrote: Problem is, the tv data from koditvepg.com was corrupted sometimes and so I was looking for a way to update tv data manually to check if data is ok again - and all this as effortless as possible from the UI under LibreELEC with a remote in my hand...
 Was that corruption due to the change to koditvepg2 or does it still do it?

I've added the ability to run your own script after Update now.
Make a file called
Code:
special://profile/addon_data/plugin.program.xmltv.meld/after_update.py
and put in something to launch your curl command.
Either launch your bash script or run curl directly via subprocess.
Here is an example to give you an idea.
Code:
import xbmc
import subprocess

output = subprocess.check_output(["ls","-l"],shell=True)
xbmc.log(repr(output),xbmc.LOGERROR)
The ls -l is where your script or curl command goes.
I think you'll need shell=False on linux. True is for Windows to stop a cmd window from popping up.

I'll have a look at what mimic needs.
(2018-10-21, 18:06)C.O.D. Wrote: Problem is, the tv data from koditvepg.com was corrupted sometimes and so I was looking for a way to update tv data manually to check if data is ok again - and all this as effortless as possible from the UI under LibreELEC with a remote in my hand...
 It looks like it isn't working because Mimic seems to cache the output of its shortcut commands.
So the first time you press Update it works but the second time it won't.

If you look in here
Code:
userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\movies.DATA.xml
you should get the link to the Update command you made from the Submenu.
I made it in the Movies section and called it "Update xmltv".
It should look like this:
Code:
    <shortcut>
        <defaultID>plugin.program.xmltv.meld/start_update</defaultID>
        <label>Update xmltv</label>
        <label2>Video Add-On</label2>
        <icon>DefaultShortcut.png</icon>
        <thumb>image://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fplugin.program.xmltv.meld%2fresources%2fimg%2fsettings.png/</thumb>
        <action>ActivateWindow(Videos,"plugin://plugin.program.xmltv.meld/start_update",return)</action>
    </shortcut>
Puh, lots of stuff and somehow complicated (at least for me) but thanks a lot for all your efforts!
Will have a look tomorrow since I'm running out of time this evening, but thanks again,

Take care
(2018-10-21, 19:09)C.O.D. Wrote: Puh, lots of stuff and somehow complicated (at least for me) but thanks a lot for all your efforts!
Will have a look tomorrow since I'm running out of time this evening, but thanks again,

Take care
 I think the bottom line is:

Don't use the Mimic Shortcut.

Run Update from the Service menu on a timer.

Put this in the after_update.py file:
Code:
import xbmc
import subprocess

output = subprocess.check_output(["curl", "-d", "@/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.xmltv.meld/xmltv.xml", "-X", "POST", "-m", "5", "--unix-socket", "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/epggrab/xmltv.sock", "http://google.com"],shell=False)
xbmc.log(repr(output),xbmc.LOGERROR)
I can confirm that I use the following skin shortcut in Aura skin and it works.

Code:

<shortcut>
        <defaultID />
        <label>19251</label>
        <label2>livetv</label2>
        <icon>special://skin/extras/icons/update.png</icon>
        <action>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.xmltv.meld/update)</action>
    </shortcut>
(2018-10-22, 03:24)olympus Wrote: I can confirm that I use the following skin shortcut in Aura skin and it works.

Code:

<shortcut>
        <defaultID />
        <label>19251</label>
        <label2>livetv</label2>
        <icon>special://skin/extras/icons/update.png</icon>
        <action>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.xmltv.meld/update)</action>
    </shortcut>
 That's the trick. Thanks.
(2018-08-08, 18:44)TopekaRoy Wrote: YES! "WARNING: [xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning string value"

If you want to get rid of those No converter-notifications in the log, you need to specify a converter for all the get_setting-calls.
Possible options are str, unicode, bool and int.
Note: It is suggested to always use unicode for text-settings because else xbmc returns utf-8 encoded strings.
See lines 181-220 of xbmcmixin.py in script.module.xbmcswift2.
Exclamation 
xmltv Meld - version 0.0.34
- merge m3us - include the whole file in the output channels.m3u8
- subscribe m3us - use the streams in the Guess Stream dialog

On the Channels menu is a "Merge m3u" item to include a whole m3u in the output channels.m3u8 file.

On the Folders menu is a "Subscribe m3u" item to add an m3u in the "Guess Stream" search dialog.
m3u contents are cached for one hour to speed up "Guess All/Missing Streams"
Having a problem with channels from koditvepg.com.   I resubscribed to the country's I have added channels for and they do now appear in my guide, but the message 'New epg url! Visit our Website' appears on top of the correct epg data.   Basically my guide is showing two sets of information for the same channel.  Using tvguide fullscreen as my epg guide.  Anything I'm missing or is anyone else seeing this?
(2018-10-23, 02:20)Cangeoboy Wrote: Having a problem with channels from koditvepg.com.   I resubscribed to the country's I have added channels for and they do now appear in my guide, but the message 'New epg url! Visit our Website' appears on top of the correct epg data.   Basically my guide is showing two sets of information for the same channel.  Using tvguide fullscreen as my epg guide.  Anything I'm missing or is anyone else seeing this?
Ok, think I have sorted out my issue.  Had to delete the xmltv file from .storage and then go back in and resubscribe to all the channel sources I use.   Seems that the urls for koditvepg.com and koditvepg2.com where both being stored in the xmltv file hence the double epg data on some of the channels.
(2018-10-23, 03:46)Cangeoboy Wrote:
(2018-10-23, 02:20)Cangeoboy Wrote: Having a problem with channels from koditvepg.com.   I resubscribed to the country's I have added channels for and they do now appear in my guide, but the message 'New epg url! Visit our Website' appears on top of the correct epg data.   Basically my guide is showing two sets of information for the same channel.  Using tvguide fullscreen as my epg guide.  Anything I'm missing or is anyone else seeing this?
Ok, think I have sorted out my issue.  Had to delete the xmltv file from .storage and then go back in and resubscribe to all the channel sources I use.   Seems that the urls for koditvepg.com and koditvepg2.com where both being stored in the xmltv file hence the double epg data on some of the channels.  
 Try version 0.0.35.
I had changed the koditvepg links but hadn't put in a way to delete the old ones.
It should work now. Any epg.koditvepg.com urls are ignored in the Update procedure.

I've added a "Remove xmltv" command to the context menu of Custom, Rytec and koditvepg too to make it easier to delete xmltv subscriptions too.
It's probably a bit late now but version 0.0.36 should update the xmltv urls to koditvepg2.com during the Update procedure.
I found this thread from a post that read...

Here is a little addon you might like if you want to quickly generate an xmltv/m3u combination that links addon streams to an m3u file.
It only works in Leia as it relies on the new IPTV Simple Client ability to play plugin:// links.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330668
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been trying to play plugin:// links in IPTV SImple with no luck. The sample referenced is empy. do you have a working exaple of a plugin:// link for iptv simple?

I would love to use this but do not see how to "subscribe" to a folder nor "guess" stream url as indicated in quick start.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xmltv Meld - creates a single xmltv file from rytec, zap etc1