• 13(current)
Beta xmltv Meld - creates a single xmltv file from rytec, zap etc
(2018-11-21, 21:56)primaeval Wrote:  I could make the dummy channels with a configurable regular duration and start offset.
It would probably be better to add a Add Weekly Time in IPTV Recorder. That would be more accurate.
Choose one and I'll see if I can add it.

Transcoding m3u to ts depends on the stream format that the m3u contains.
In simple HLS streams you can sometimes just grab the url of the sub-stream from the m3u and use that instead.
DASH streams take a bit more work and need a recent version of ffmpeg to deal with.
There are lots of switches to ffmpeg to control which sub-stream is used.
You might want to force one with a specific bandwidth or resolution or just keep up in real-time.

If you want to transcode all your streams you might want to look into Emby or tvheadend.
If you just have one stream you always want to generate a ts stream for you should just dig into the ffmpeg documentation and make a custom ts stream exactly as you need it.
VLC might even be better in that case.

It might be best if you pm me an example stream and exactly what you want to do with it. 
 Dummy channels with a configurable duration is what I would like to see.  In this case the same Xmltv can be use in multiple apps in addition to iptv recorder.  Once I put in on pastebin I casn use it in many other apps.
Thanks for the info on m3u8 transcoding. I will pm you on this.
Iptv recorder gave me an error using the generated xmltv.  Checking closely I found the issue was with the Timezone is showing as -+600 instead I changed it to only -0600 (four digits number and - for me).  If you include this update in the code please.  Thanks again.
(2018-11-22, 08:44)nashnash Wrote: Iptv recorder gave me an error using the generated xmltv.  Checking closely I found the issue was with the Timezone is showing as -+600 instead I changed it to only -0600 (four digits number and - for me).  If you include this update in the code please.  Thanks again.
 Try version 0.0.41.
The timezone is fixed and there are settings for Dummy Channel Hours and Offset from midnight.
(2018-11-22, 10:19)primaeval Wrote:
(2018-11-22, 08:44)nashnash Wrote:  
 Try version 0.0.41.
The timezone is fixed and there are settings for Dummy Channel Hours and Offset from midnight.  
Excellent....A big thank you.  A small issue is only the timezone for me is defaulting to +0600 instead of -0600.  Not sure where it's pulling the signe from.  I'm in US Central Standard Time
(2018-11-22, 21:47)nashnash Wrote:
(2018-11-22, 08:44)nashnash Wrote:  
 Try version 0.0.41.
Excellent....A big thank you.  A small issue is only the timezone for me is defaulting to +0600 instead of -0600.  Not sure where it's pulling the signe from.  I'm in US Central Standard Time 
Try 0.0.42.
(2018-11-22, 22:08)primaeval Wrote:
(2018-11-22, 21:47)nashnash Wrote:
Try 0.0.42.  
 This version worked flawlessly.  Thanks a lot.  This makes my life easier.
Exclamation 
version 0.0.43
- Warning: You Will Need to Re-Add Your Channels! Sorry.

I've changed the internal storage format to add more providers.
Unfortunately I couldn't work out how to upgrade previously added channels.
You'll have to add them again.
Sorry.

If you want to go back to 0.0.42 you can download it from this link:
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....0.0.42.zip

With the new format I should be able to add in more non-xmltv providers.
The first one in is yo.tv which covers many countries.

If anyone has a favourite provider they want to added let me know or add one yourself and add a change request.
Ultimately I'd like this to be an easier replacement for webgrab.
Had an issue with xmeld not updating this morning.   Checked out the log and seemed to be an issue with Zap.  Took out my one channel that uses zap and then everything seemed to work fine.

Just a heads up.
(2018-12-01, 17:28)Cangeoboy Wrote: Had an issue with xmeld not updating this morning.   Checked out the log and seemed to be an issue with Zap.  Took out my one channel that uses zap and then everything seemed to work fine.

Just a heads up.
 I had to change the internal format of how channels were stored.
Does it work if you re-add it?
Zap now works thanks.

Getting another bit of an odd error though.   Had trouble loading up my xmltv file that was created into TV Guide Fullscreen today.  Looked into the log and it was having trouble loading some of the xmltv file info.  Specifically where there should be a british pound symbol in some of the descriptions it was showing '&pound' instead.   TV Guide Fullscreen didn't like this.  As soon as I manually got rid of the '&pound', it was fine and loaded properly. 

Any thoughts on this one?  I assume that the '&pound' is coming from my epg provider and not being changed by xmeld?   Is there an easy solution/work around?
(2018-12-13, 02:00)Cangeoboy Wrote: Zap now works thanks.

Getting another bit of an odd error though.   Had trouble loading up my xmltv file that was created into TV Guide Fullscreen today.  Looked into the log and it was having trouble loading some of the xmltv file info.  Specifically where there should be a british pound symbol in some of the descriptions it was showing '&pound' instead.   TV Guide Fullscreen didn't like this.  As soon as I manually got rid of the '&pound', it was fine and loaded properly. 

Any thoughts on this one?  I assume that the '&pound' is coming from my epg provider and not being changed by xmeld?   Is there an easy solution/work around?
 This is going to be a tricky one.

A quick fix is to turn on:
Settings \ Source \ Convert & to &
It will only make the text look like £ instead of £.

It looks like the version of ElementTree that kodi uses doesn't recognise any html entities (named characters).
The hooks to make it work aren't even in the version that ships with python 2.7 which kodi uses.

I'll have a deeper look when I have the energy but it looks like a lot of work to fix it properly.
(2018-12-13, 11:41)primaeval Wrote:

This is going to be a tricky one.

A quick fix is to turn on:
It will only make the text look like £ instead of £.

It looks like the version of ElementTree that kodi uses doesn't recognise any html entities (named characters).
The hooks to make it work aren't even in the version that ships with python 2.7 which kodi uses.

I'll have a deeper look when I have the energy but it looks like a lot of work to fix it properly. 
Thanks, turned on Settings \ Source \ Convert & to & and that fixed the load issue.  Reran xmeld and turned off Settings \ Source \ Convert & to & to see if the problem came back and it did.  I'll leave Settings \ Source \ Convert & to & turned on for now.    Also have a problem with some french/english words like 'finance', but I assume that's because there's and accent on the 'e'.  Thanks again for your help on this.  Xmeld has made my life so much easier than trying to maintain my xmltv file on my own using others like Webgrab+.

I've changed
to
Settings \ Source \ Fix xmltv html entity errors
in TVGF version 0.0.406.

That should fix your pound problem and & signs that aren't &
@primaeval , Thanks so much for this addon really appreciate what you doing for the community.  I was testing the newly added yo.tv source and I noticed there are some Uk channels on their site which are not showing up in xmltv meld. is there a setting am missing.

Reagards
SJ
(2018-12-14, 13:45)samueljones Wrote: @primaeval , Thanks so much for this addon really appreciate what you doing for the community.  I was testing the newly added yo.tv source and I noticed there are some Uk channels on their site which are not showing up in xmltv meld. is there a setting am missing.

Reagards
SJ
 It is to do with the postcode and provider settings in yo.tv.
It wasn't working on their server when I added the code to xmltv Meld.
It looks like it is ok again now. I'll try and add it in soon.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xmltv Meld - creates a single xmltv file from rytec, zap etc1