Are NFO Files Universal?
I've continued some recent experiments seeing which scrapers are the best at pulling the meta data for my game collection. I find that Advanced Launcher seems to not miss as many games when searching the online database, but Rom Collection Browser has more info (IE: more fields are populated like release date, publisher, developer, etc). I use TheGamesDB for both since it seems to be the biggest and most supported.

My question is this; are these .nfo files universal? Meaning, if I were to use Rom Collection Browser to populate this meta data, then lets say it gets discontinued and development is abandoned. Can I drop these .nfo files into the next ROM add-on that comes along and it'll populate my info the same way? Are they universal at reading the meta data, no matter what other add-on specific info that might be present in the .nfo file?
I'm not very cclear how exactly the nfo files are being generated, can you elaborate?
They are generated from Rom Collection Browser or from Advanced Launcher. They search datbases (like TheGamesDB, Moby Games, etc) and then create them next to ROM files).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are NFO Files Universal?0