Slow loading of posters and screenshot issues
I am not sure if this is the same issue as mentioned by braz, but it is slow loading posters. They seem to load a screenful at a time, then it stops, even if you scroll down. Exit the view, come back and it loads another screenfull of posters.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Also noticing that screenshots are giving an empty file. Have to take a few screenshots to get an image.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi, please do me a favor and test whether the issue you discover is definitely caused by this PR, by also checking the respective functionality in master.

I don't have enough free time to debug/fix "everything". Thanks.
Thanks for the link @DaveBlake

I tested the Windows version and had the same result...

I added 121 movies using local information. Walk away and make a coffee and all the posters eventually load. But when you scroll up and down the view, then what you see in the above image is what happens. The posters disappear, then reappear, then disappear throughout the scrolling process.

The Screenshots were a problem also. I would take a screenshot and end up with an empty file. Strangely, if you leave it for 5 minutes it turns into a valid image file. Something must be bogging down the process.
My Signature
(2018-04-09, 08:45)Karellen Wrote: Thanks for the link @DaveBlake

I tested the Windows version and had the same result...

I added 121 movies using local information. Walk away and make a coffee and all the posters eventually load. But when you scroll up and down the view, then what you see in the above image is what happens. The posters disappear, then reappear, then disappear throughout the scrolling process.

The Screenshots were a problem also. I would take a screenshot and end up with an empty file. Strangely, if you leave it for 5 minutes it turns into a valid image file. Something must be bogging down the process.

master does not have this problems?
That is using the Master that @DaveBlake provided the link for.

---Edit---
Just to be clear, this happens in the PR13754 file linked to by ronie... This is the log of scan into library... https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/ChqygTZvvn/
and
It happens in the Master linked to by daveblake
My Signature
@Karellen thanx for helping out;
like @ksooo, i'd like to avoid too much 'noise' in this thread, hence i've asked for skinners to test this PR.
it's much easier for them to spot any issues, since they know their skin code best ;-)

thread split.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow loading of posters and screenshot issues0