Solved Skin helper error, getting PVR add-on missing on boot, cannot download information
Hi there,

from one day to the next I've been getting a whole list of issues in kodi.
  1. When booting I now always get the message that i do not have a pvr add-on enabled. I have no idea how to disable this (I've never used PVR before, and do not need it. It's disabled in my skin menu even)
  2. I'm getting multiple add-on errors, amongst which a skin helper service error
  3. When it's scanning my library for new files i get an error saying "unable to connect to remote server, would you like to continue scanning
I've tried reinstalled my skin addon, my skin helper addon but nothing is working. Could anyone maybe take a look at my debug log? Thank you very, very much! I've redacted the log to remove my username and the locations where it is scanning my library (names of files etc).

https://pastebin.com/wLX9qpEA

Solve info:

The 'No PVR Installed' issue: Just go to system>interface>other>"startup window" was set to "TV Guide", had to switch to "Home Window"
All the other skin errors were due to system corruption. run an elevated command prompt (cmd.exe as administrator and run the following):
 DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

followed by

sfc /scannow

and reboot
I see in the log you're getting a lot of errors from I guess python os.urandom returning an exception that the python random module isn't expecting, but don't know why. 

I looks like you are running 17.0.  You might install current release 17.6 over that release so at least you are on the current version.  Also try running default Estuary skin and see if video library startup scan works.

scott s.
Hi Scott, Thanks for the response! Indeed updating to 17.6 fixed the issue of not being able to connect to the remote server. I am still getting the same errors on the urandom() procedure however. Running confluence also does not fix this issue. I'm also still getting 'No PVR Addon installed' error on startup.

Could it be an issue with my windows installation? Is there a way to completely reinstall kodi but still keep some basic settings (connection to my NAS + media library info)

updated debug log below
https://pastebin.com/KvjqT1nA
Anyone who can help me with this? I have no idea why nothing is working anymore. Seems to be a python error but uninstalling and reinstalling kodi doesn't do anything. As the interpreter is baked into Kodi I am not sure what to do.
Solved, see top post

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin helper error, getting PVR add-on missing on boot, cannot download information0