Amazon Prime Video and Kodi 18
Hi !
Can I run Amazon Prime Video on my raspberry pi 1? 
I´live in Spain.
I used Kodi 18 with this one: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/mast...936d29.tar
Thanks.
No, Amazon Prime (and Netflix) only supports software video decode and the RPi1 (and RPi0) isn't able to decode the video fast enough - you need at least an RPi2.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OK. thanks.
In the RPi3 is possible?
Any tutorial?
Thanks
(2018-04-10, 13:59)-ice- Wrote: OK. thanks.
In the RPi3 is possible?
Any tutorial?
Thanks
Pi3 is fine (or Pi3 B+). You'll need a nightly build. Some instructions in first post here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461
Hi.

I tried Amazon with the link instructions but I don´t have good results.
I'm still investigating.
Thank you
the PI2 is limited to 480p and the PI3 can only handle 720p DRM content. You have to adjust the "max bandwidth" for DRM content in inputstream.adaptive settings accordingly to get smooth playback.
Hi.
I installed Amazon VOD from Sandmann79 repository. This work fine although without hardware aceleration in OMXplayer. Only with software.

If enable HA, green screen in video playback. Audio is OK. Some knowledge about this pligth?
Lightbulb 
(2018-04-10, 13:32)Milhouse Wrote: No, Amazon Prime (and Netflix) only supports software video decode and the RPi1 (and RPi0) isn't able to decode the video fast enough - you need at least an RPi2.
 Sorry.
(2018-04-14, 09:01)da-anda Wrote: the PI2 is limited to 480p and the PI3 can only handle 720p DRM content. You have to adjust the "max bandwidth" for DRM content in inputstream.adaptive settings accordingly to get smooth playback.
Thank you for this info. I thought the h264 HW support was built-in and I was beating my head trying to figure this out today (just installed the AmazonVOD addon). My googlefoo was not getting me anywhere until I read this thread. I could get great audio but only green screen for video when the HW was on. Will it be possible to add HW support in the future?

-Ray
(2018-04-14, 15:37)-ice- Wrote: Hi.
I installed Amazon VOD from Sandmann79 repository. This work fine although without hardware aceleration in OMXplayer. Only with software.

If enable HA, green screen in video playback. Audio is OK. Some knowledge about this pligth?

Deactivate OMX-Player and activate MMAL-Player.
NVIDIA Shield, H270M-Plus (i3-7100),NUC7i3BNH,WeTekHub,Pi2,Win10Server.
(2018-04-16, 07:33)raymer Wrote: Thank you for this info. I thought the h264 HW support was built-in and I was beating my head trying to figure this out today (just installed the AmazonVOD addon). My googlefoo was not getting me anywhere until I read this thread. I could get great audio but only green screen for video when the HW was on. Will it be possible to add HW support in the future?
It is, but unfortunately not by us. The PI has a HW decoder, and we use it for everything the PI does support, except for DRM encrypted content, because Kodi or the PI can't do the DRM decryption on their own and depend on libwidevine to do it. Libwidevine unfortunately doesn't make use of the HW decoder of the PI and uses pure software decoding. We can't change that, only Google, the creator of widevine, can Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime Video and Kodi 180