• 42(current)
Mod Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019)
(2018-12-17, 12:45)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-17, 12:05)mardukL Wrote:
(2018-12-17, 00:26)E net Wrote: The Netflix movies list does not have a header.   

Ok, you need to be more spefific next time.
I decide to have the header not visible for them in the following viewtypes
(Fanart - if info is off ; netflix viewtypes ; and 3 in 1)

Because it doesnt really fit/look acceptable there.

I think about an option for it sometime.   
But I'm pretty certain I've seen it on Logo and/or Fanart without info being on. Your header is quite thick. If there was a smaller and thinner version with just the watched and un-watched numbers then that might work for Netflix? 

Thanks.

You might refer to currently playing bar.
That has an overlay since latest update, and is already adjusted to fit in.
But the header itself is definetly hidden within the conditions.

But, yeah, header slim/windows style, could be an option.
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2018-12-17, 13:56)mardukL Wrote:
(2018-12-17, 12:45)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-17, 12:05)mardukL Wrote: Ok, you need to be more spefific next time.
I decide to have the header not visible for them in the following viewtypes
(Fanart - if info is off ; netflix viewtypes ; and 3 in 1)

Because it doesnt really fit/look acceptable there.

I think about an option for it sometime.   
But I'm pretty certain I've seen it on Logo and/or Fanart without info being on. Your header is quite thick. If there was a smaller and thinner version with just the watched and un-watched numbers then that might work for Netflix? 

Thanks. 

You might refer to currently playing bar.
That has an overlay since latest update, and is already adjusted to fit in.
But the header itself is definetly hidden within the conditions.

But, yeah, header slim/windows style, could be an option. 
It only needs to be an option but I don't know how difficult that would be to implement.

Thanks.
I had asked a question this in another thread, but it looks like this may be the better thread for that question.

I'm was wondering if it is possible to add an option to disable the sliding/hiding of the main menu when you shift over to the widgets when in the modern vertical mode.  I'm looking for a static screen that allows you to shift from the menu to the widgets and back without it hiding and/or without any animations.  If getting that option isn't likely, is it possibly to point me in the direction of what would need to be edited in the xmls to change that?
(2018-12-17, 22:16)Shadowmage952 Wrote: I had asked a question this in another thread, but it looks like this may be the better thread for that question.

I'm was wondering if it is possible to add an option to disable the sliding/hiding of the main menu when you shift over to the widgets when in the modern vertical mode.  I'm looking for a static screen that allows you to shift from the menu to the widgets and back without it hiding and/or without any animations.  If getting that option isn't likely, is it possibly to point me in the direction of what would need to be edited in the xmls to change that?

It could be an option, actual it isnt.

You should be fine by replace
IncludesHomeVertical.xml from the original Titan skin and put it in the mod skin directory.
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2018-12-17, 22:46)mardukL Wrote:
(2018-12-17, 22:16)Shadowmage952 Wrote: I had asked a question this in another thread, but it looks like this may be the better thread for that question.

It could be an option, actual it isnt.

You should be fine by replace
IncludesHomeVertical.xml from the original Titan skin and put it in the mod skin directory. 
 Thanks for the quick response, that worked perfectly.  I was in the write place trying to modify that file, but I couldn't quite get it to work for me.  Replacing it worked like a charm.

That's definitely an option I'd love to see moving forward.  Great work on mod.
Hi

Sorry but did you know that Google voice search doesn't work with this skin/mod? My apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere else in the forum.
(2018-12-18, 16:45)E net Wrote: Hi

Sorry but did you know that Google voice search doesn't work with this skin/mod?
 Are you talking about from the Android home screen or using voice from within the skin? if using from within the skin I believe it depends on which version of android you are using the Oreo update broke this functionality probable something to do with using the Mic for Google home but really I have no idea. I believe voice to text search still works with android 6 and 7.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2018-12-19, 14:18)cscott1 Wrote:

Sorry but did you know that Google voice search doesn't work with this skin/mod?
 Are you talking about from the Android home screen or using voice from within the skin? if using from within the skin I believe it depends on which version of android you are using the Oreo update broke this functionality probable something to do with using the Mic for Google home but really I have no idea. I believe voice to text search still works with android 6 and 7.   
I'm talking about from within skin. I didn't know about Oreo breaking the functionality but I only got the upgrade within the last week. I'm not sure that it worked even before the upgrade.
(2018-12-19, 14:55)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-19, 14:18)cscott1 Wrote:

I'm talking about from within skin. I didn't know about Oreo breaking the functionality but I only got the upgrade within the last week. I'm not sure that it worked even before the upgrade. 
I have both at home an Nvidia Shield with android 6 on my main tv and a couple Mi boxes with oreo on bedroom tvs. I'll test it when I get home. I know for a fact that the voice to text no longer works on the Mi boxes it used to hoping they get that fixed its a pain typing everything out with a virtual keyboard. What type of search are you trying to preform exactly?  A voice to text search from within an addon via virtual keyboard or Googles search to say pull up a movie or show? if a google search it should pull the results from all the apps on the device Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, Starz, HBO, Google Movies and of course Kodi However it only pulls Kodi content if it is in your Library not from addons.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2018-12-19, 16:27)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-12-19, 14:55)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-19, 14:18)cscott1 Wrote:  Are you talking about from the Android home screen or using voice from within the skin? if using from within the skin I believe it depends on which version of android you are using the Oreo update broke this functionality probable something to do with using the Mic for Google home but really I have no idea. I believe voice to text search still works with android 6 and 7.    
I have both at home an Nvidia Shield with android 6 on my main tv and a couple Mi boxes with oreo on bedroom tvs. I'll test it when I get home. I know for a fact that the voice to text no longer works on the Mi boxes it used to hoping they get that fixed its a pain typing everything out with a virtual keyboard. What type of search are you trying to preform exactly?  A voice to text search from within an addon via virtual keyboard or Googles search to say pull up a movie or show? if a google search it should pull the results from all the apps on the device Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, Starz, HBO, Google Movies and of course Kodi However it only pulls Kodi content if it is in your Library not from addons.  
For example When I want to enter a movie search name which is different to the filename. So from inside the skin I select edit name/sort name the long press the OK key on the remote. This brings up the Google speech to text search. I know this worked in a previous skin.
(2018-12-19, 17:52)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-19, 16:27)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-12-19, 14:55)E net Wrote: I'm talking about from within skin. I didn't know about Oreo breaking the functionality but I only got the upgrade within the last week. I'm not sure that it worked even before the upgrade.   
For example When I want to enter a movie search name which is different to the filename. So from inside the skin I select edit name/sort name the long press the OK key on the remote. This brings up the Google speech to text search. I know this worked in a previous skin.

OK so I'm not sure if this is Going to help you but if you press the microphone button from within the skin it opens up Google assistant. I just figured out that when using the virtual keyboard if you long press enter on the words English QWERTY it brings up the old voice to text works great try it.
(2018-12-20, 02:01)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-12-19, 17:52)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-19, 16:27)cscott1 Wrote: I have both at home an Nvidia Shield with android 6 on my main tv and a couple Mi boxes with oreo on bedroom tvs. I'll test it when I get home. I know for a fact that the voice to text no longer works on the Mi boxes it used to hoping they get that fixed its a pain typing everything out with a virtual keyboard. What type of search are you trying to preform exactly?  A voice to text search from within an addon via virtual keyboard or Googles search to say pull up a movie or show? if a google search it should pull the results from all the apps on the device Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, Starz, HBO, Google Movies and of course Kodi However it only pulls Kodi content if it is in your Library not from addons.  

OK so I'm not sure if this is Going to help you but if you press the microphone button from within the skin it opens up Google assistant. I just figured out that when using the virtual keyboard if you long press enter on the words English QWERTY it brings up the old voice to text works great try it. 
 I have never used Google Assistant inside a skin, I always press the OK button when I'm actually on the virtual keyboard.. Is that the one you are talking about?
(2018-12-10, 16:40)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-10, 15:54)mardukL Wrote:
(2018-12-10, 13:12)E net Wrote: I realised that it must be that the Cache fills up. I know that I have said this many times before but the rotating fanart definitely did work on your previous release but it only seems to work with fanart.tv. Now that fanart.tv has stopped working with this skin the functionality has stopped. It would be great if we could get it working with the local movie set directory.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. No offence taken at all Smile  

Yepp, i will see whats causing the lag, maybe its just server side issue on fanart.tv

And side note if it wasnt clear, the cache is used for certain things, not just one specific
(Info stuff for sets, movies,shows, omdb infos, special ratings,....)   
Yeah I understood the cache issue thanks. Does your skin have an issue Fanart.tv or is it a general Kodi issue with Fanart.tv?
*edit* ignore this I have found out now thanks 
Erm, what was the issue? I have similar movie sets not rotating too. Some work, moat don't and it's kinda driving me nuts too Smile
(2018-12-20, 13:31)mombasa123 Wrote:
(2018-12-10, 16:40)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-10, 15:54)mardukL Wrote: Yepp, i will see whats causing the lag, maybe its just server side issue on fanart.tv

And side note if it wasnt clear, the cache is used for certain things, not just one specific
(Info stuff for sets, movies,shows, omdb infos, special ratings,....)   
Yeah I understood the cache issue thanks. Does your skin have an issue Fanart.tv or is it a general Kodi issue with Fanart.tv?
*edit* ignore this I have found out now thanks  
Erm, what was the issue? I have similar movie sets not rotating too. Some work, moat don't and it's kinda driving me nuts too Smile 
If you are talking about Movie sets then the skin author has admitted that he needs to look at that. Movie set rotation is annoyingly hit or miss. Some sets rotate with remote files without any issue, some can rotate with local files, some can't rotate with local files, some don't rotate with local or remote files. 

If you are talking about single movie files then basically you have to follow the Kodi naming scheme and it's best to use the extrafanart folder to store the files.
(2018-12-20, 11:22)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-20, 02:01)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-12-19, 17:52)E net Wrote: For example When I want to enter a movie search name which is different to the filename. So from inside the skin I select edit name/sort name the long press the OK key on the remote. This brings up the Google speech to text search. I know this worked in a previous skin. 

I have never used Google Assistant inside a skin, I always press the OK button when I'm actually on the virtual keyboard.. Is that the one you are talking about?

Yes from within the virtual keyboard navigate to the words English QWERTY and long press the OK button. That will bring up the Google Voice to text bar at the top of the screen. I tested this on Android TV both Android 6 and 8 works. I believe you have to be running Kodi 18 for voice to text to work though.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019)15