• 116(current)
Mod Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019)
(2020-04-24, 00:11)Edworld Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 00:45)Butta97 Wrote:
(2020-04-14, 02:41)RayDawGGG Wrote: Thanks for responding! and the inspiration!. Working on this has taken my mind off mandatory quarantine...for a little while. I really enjoy and admire this skin. I'm aware your always busy with life, and don't have a lot of time to work on this. After a lot of trial and error.. I figured it out.. sort of.. it was the wrong infoLabel,variable and placement. The movie view is ok. The home view icons aren't spaced right. I made some language icons for the closed captioning.. as well as tweaked some of the icons.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

How did u get the Netflix view to look like that with the media icons on the information section?  
This looks top notch! How are you getting audience ratings? 

Thanks! I Appreciate that. All the accolades go to @mardukL for creating this awesome skin! What I did is extremely minor in comparison to his phenomenal work with this skin. I use OMDb & TMDb API keys to obtain audience ratings.
(2020-04-23, 20:27)RayDawGGG Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 17:25)chrisism Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 02:54)Fuchs2468 Wrote: I have to say your clip looks good.

Since I know that you take care of the game support for this skin, please take a look at this error. The error is always there, i have no game launcher installed. I have already searched but unfortunately not found the error.

Code:
2020-04-22 00:38:20.890 T:5696   ERROR: Misplaced +
2020-04-22 00:38:20.890 T:5696   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression [string.contains(container.folderpath,plugin://plugin.program.ael) | string.contains(container.folderpath,plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher) | string.contains(container.folderpath,plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher)] +  + skin.string(game.thumbshape.ps1)
I'll check it out. I was actually busy simplifying these expressions.    
@chrisism 
Great work! by your response I see your already aware of the redundancy. Out of curiosity from this error, are there multiple names for this plugin? or does he have multiple versions of this plugin installed? It seems to be looking for ps1 assets and can't access them because of the error? Without having a launcher installed why would it look for assets? Are the category xml paths correct? Many questions that with living your life and coding, more than likely doesn't have the time to answer.AEL looks great inside this skin! My only gripe is the trailer and boxart widgets .The gameplay videos play automatically.. for aesthetic purposes the other art should be accessible via a info view versus widgets IMO.  
Well I was actually looking at the double + signs which might cause errors and warnings in the logs, but don't interupt the actual workings of kodi itself. But I was doing some tweaking a little while back on the initial setup and thought up a new approach of determening the correct box sizes where this expression is used for.

The problem is that Kodi does not support custom settings per URI path (a specific view page or list you see, so in AEL case a collection of Nintendo games and a collection of Sega games have two different URIs) only per view. So that means if you enable "show trailers" in the Netflix poster view for Movies, it will also be applied to Netflix poster view for games. AEL game wise this means that if I make it possible in the skin to switch for a specific view your box size (NES games have poster size and SNES has wide box sizes) you can only set it to 1 size. The only workaround is to either create a different view per box size (NetFlix Poster, NetFlix wide, Netflix banner, Netflix blurary, Netflix slimbox etc) which is a lot of work and not really maintainable (Don't think @mardukL would like it if I just add 20 new views to maintain) or the other way is looking at variables produced by the source/list collection, like is it the Movies db, is it TV shows db, is it programs. The last solutions works good enough for approaching movies and tv shows differently, but with AEL everything is of type 'program'. So we need another thing to check for that.

So bringing it all back to the initial question, I added a lot of expressions to check the following things:
- Which game program is being used (Retroplayer, AEL, Advanced Launcher AL)
- What kind of platform is being shown (NES, SNES, Playstation etc.)

With that info I can decide what kind of box view to apply. Now one catch is that I am builidng and using the latest unstable with AEL and Wintermute who created the plugin switched the plugin internal name to simplify folder structure etc. So the path name went from plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher to plugin.program.ael and I wanted to support backwards compatibility. Next to that there is also the old Advanced Launcher that might be used which is the original addon for launching games like more than a decade ago in the early days of XBMC. So a lot of checks to support all versions of game launching programs and different versions of AEL, my personal favorite.

My latest tweakings were injecting window properties to the skin from AEL with the standard box size so that you can easily switch box size changing it in AEL settings instead of doing it in the skin, because that was what I did before and results in adding a separate setting for each game platform and box size in the skin. Next to that I did actually make a double auto-show trailer setting, one for video and one for gaming specific. Just because I like to autoplay with games, but not for my movies and as said before, this is currently not possible in Kodi.

Now the thing that would solve all of this easily and would open up so many more oppertunities when working with skins for Kodi, is if Kodi would make it possible to save/storing a skin setting on URI/path level instead of global view level. For example then you can switch auto-trailers on in the "latest added movies" list but switch it off when opening the "all" list for movies.

Talking about info view, @mardukL the new info view with shows is looking awesome. Still shows some defects with me but awesome view type. I will see if I can adapt it for games too. Also @RayDawGGG or others, please help out or come up with ideas or additions for the games part. I am not the best in skinning myself, the whole reason why I hijacked Titan M O D Big Grin, having a good base to adapt.
(2020-04-23, 20:43)RayDawGGG Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 10:45)zeeya Wrote: @mardukL
Please provide us an update... There are lots of bugs... Please.

"Lots of Bugs"? It would help tremendously if you stated what type of bugs you are seeing, or attached a log. What your seeing may or may not be a bug.. he won't know that until you clearly state what your issue is. His time to provide skin support and updates is very limited at this time. There are other people on this forum that can assist you.Contrary to popular belief he's not obligated to provide you with anything, even if you ask "nicely". This skin is done for free, in his spare time... at his leisure.

Thanks for your detailed explanation of which I already know of every word.
I had reported many bugs earlier in this thread @mardukL must be aware of these.
It was just a gentle reminder and not how you understood.
I noticed the search function does not seem to work. When I click on search. The screen doesn’t do anything.
(2020-04-24, 11:48)chrisism Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 20:27)RayDawGGG Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 17:25)chrisism Wrote: I'll check it out. I was actually busy simplifying these expressions.    
@chrisism 
Great work! by your response I see your already aware of the redundancy. Out of curiosity from this error, are there multiple names for this plugin? or does he have multiple versions of this plugin installed? It seems to be looking for ps1 assets and can't access them because of the error? Without having a launcher installed why would it look for assets? Are the category xml paths correct? Many questions that with living your life and coding, more than likely doesn't have the time to answer.AEL looks great inside this skin! My only gripe is the trailer and boxart widgets .The gameplay videos play automatically.. for aesthetic purposes the other art should be accessible via a info view versus widgets IMO.   
Well I was actually looking at the double + signs which might cause errors and warnings in the logs, but don't interupt the actual workings of kodi itself. But I was doing some tweaking a little while back on the initial setup and thought up a new approach of determening the correct box sizes where this expression is used for.

The problem is that Kodi does not support custom settings per URI path (a specific view page or list you see, so in AEL case a collection of Nintendo games and a collection of Sega games have two different URIs) only per view. So that means if you enable "show trailers" in the Netflix poster view for Movies, it will also be applied to Netflix poster view for games. AEL game wise this means that if I make it possible in the skin to switch for a specific view your box size (NES games have poster size and SNES has wide box sizes) you can only set it to 1 size. The only workaround is to either create a different view per box size (NetFlix Poster, NetFlix wide, Netflix banner, Netflix blurary, Netflix slimbox etc) which is a lot of work and not really maintainable (Don't think @mardukL would like it if I just add 20 new views to maintain) or the other way is looking at variables produced by the source/list collection, like is it the Movies db, is it TV shows db, is it programs. The last solutions works good enough for approaching movies and tv shows differently, but with AEL everything is of type 'program'. So we need another thing to check for that.

So bringing it all back to the initial question, I added a lot of expressions to check the following things:
- Which game program is being used (Retroplayer, AEL, Advanced Launcher AL)
- What kind of platform is being shown (NES, SNES, Playstation etc.)

With that info I can decide what kind of box view to apply. Now one catch is that I am builidng and using the latest unstable with AEL and Wintermute who created the plugin switched the plugin internal name to simplify folder structure etc. So the path name went from plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher to plugin.program.ael and I wanted to support backwards compatibility. Next to that there is also the old Advanced Launcher that might be used which is the original addon for launching games like more than a decade ago in the early days of XBMC. So a lot of checks to support all versions of game launching programs and different versions of AEL, my personal favorite.

My latest tweakings were injecting window properties to the skin from AEL with the standard box size so that you can easily switch box size changing it in AEL settings instead of doing it in the skin, because that was what I did before and results in adding a separate setting for each game platform and box size in the skin. Next to that I did actually make a double auto-show trailer setting, one for video and one for gaming specific. Just because I like to autoplay with games, but not for my movies and as said before, this is currently not possible in Kodi.

Now the thing that would solve all of this easily and would open up so many more oppertunities when working with skins for Kodi, is if Kodi would make it possible to save/storing a skin setting on URI/path level instead of global view level. For example then you can switch auto-trailers on in the "latest added movies" list but switch it off when opening the "all" list for movies.

Talking about info view, @mardukL the new info view with shows is looking awesome. Still shows some defects with me but awesome view type. I will see if I can adapt it for games too. Also @RayDawGGG or others, please help out or come up with ideas or additions for the games part. I am not the best in skinning myself, the whole reason why I hijacked Titan M O D Big Grin, having a good base to adapt. 

Thanks for replying! That was the most verbose response I have ever read lol! My family and peers often comment on my mini novel text messaging versus their short text messaging :-) So your reply is simply.. yes I see the two plus signs are redundant. Yes there are multiple names for this plugin. The error isn't do to his lack of a launcher, it's from the double plus sign syntax error. See simple :-) no need for multiple paragraphs :-) As far as the trailer view issue.. Logos,ratings,posters and trailers all have different dimensions in 1 Netflix view. The various game views would essentially still be a poster or wide Netflix view. With different expressions in them to display game art dimensions, according to their filenames and folderpaths.
(2020-04-25, 08:44)zeeya Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 20:43)RayDawGGG Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 10:45)zeeya Wrote: @mardukL
Please provide us an update... There are lots of bugs... Please.

"Lots of Bugs"? It would help tremendously if you stated what type of bugs you are seeing, or attached a log. What your seeing may or may not be a bug.. he won't know that until you clearly state what your issue is. His time to provide skin support and updates is very limited at this time. There are other people on this forum that can assist you.Contrary to popular belief he's not obligated to provide you with anything, even if you ask "nicely". This skin is done for free, in his spare time... at his leisure. 

I had reported many bugs earlier in this thread @mardukL must be aware of these.

I apologize for misunderstanding your request that isn't directed towards me. This skin works flawlessly for me and others. Out of curiosity, I wanted to know why your experience with this skin isn't as flawless as ours. You are well within your right to ask whatever you want, to whoever you want.
(2020-04-27, 01:16)RayDawGGG Wrote:
(2020-04-25, 08:44)zeeya Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 20:43)RayDawGGG Wrote: "Lots of Bugs"? It would help tremendously if you stated what type of bugs you are seeing, or attached a log. What your seeing may or may not be a bug.. he won't know that until you clearly state what your issue is. His time to provide skin support and updates is very limited at this time. There are other people on this forum that can assist you.Contrary to popular belief he's not obligated to provide you with anything, even if you ask "nicely". This skin is done for free, in his spare time... at his leisure. 

I apologize for misunderstanding your request that isn't directed towards me. This skin works flawlessly for me and others. Out of curiosity, I wanted to know why your experience with this skin isn't as flawless as ours. You are well within your right to ask whatever you want, to whoever you want.

Thanks for the understanding,
I must say that I am the biggest fan of Titan skin. I have thanked @mardukL many times for his great work.
I use it extensively on 3 of my devices as the daily driver. You are right, it is a flawless skin, but few issues here and there which you might not have come across. I am making a list of those, if possible I will post them here. Anybody in this forum is welcome to solve/explain about those.
I request @mardukL to please check my earlier posts for the issues I have mentioned in detail.
Thanks again...
(2020-04-14, 02:41)RayDawGGG Wrote: Thanks for responding! and the inspiration!. Working on this has taken my mind off mandatory quarantine...for a little while. I really enjoy and admire this skin. I'm aware your always busy with life, and don't have a lot of time to work on this. After a lot of trial and error.. I figured it out.. sort of.. it was the wrong infoLabel,variable and placement. The movie view is ok. The home view icons aren't spaced right. I made some language icons for the closed captioning.. as well as tweaked some of the icons. 

@RayDawGGG quick question - how did you enable / optimize the showcase on the poster view. I use the built in showcase from the mod but they don't look nearly as refined as yours.
(2020-04-27, 00:37)RayDawGGG Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 11:48)chrisism Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 20:27)RayDawGGG Wrote: @chrisism 

Thanks for replying! That was the most verbose response I have ever read lol! My family and peers often comment on my mini novel text messaging versus their short text messaging :-) So your reply is simply.. yes I see the two plus signs are redundant. Yes there are multiple names for this plugin. The error isn't do to his lack of a launcher, it's from the double plus sign syntax error. See simple :-) no need for multiple paragraphs :-) As far as the trailer view issue.. Logos,ratings,posters and trailers all have different dimensions in 1 Netflix view. The various game views would essentially still be a poster or wide Netflix view. With different expressions in them to display game art dimensions, according to their filenames and folderpaths.  

Actually, it was also meant as an invitation. As I said I am not a great skinner, so any help will be welcome. This is what I could get out of it.
It's actually about 8 different sizes/ratios, some might have overlapses. The extra art stuff (catridge, flyer etc.) when you go up, that idea I stole from the cast view when you press up. 
If you can help out, have more ideas or solutions, either add them through the git repos or send me a PM. Lets see if we can make it even nicer
Am I blind or just missing it?  I can't figure out how to set the sort order for the widgets.  I could have sworn that in a previous version of the skin the option was right there where you selected each widget.
Am I blind or just missing it?  I can't figure out how to set the sort order for the widgets.  I could have sworn that in a previous version of the skin the option was right in there in skin settings > menu settings where you selected each widget.
(2020-04-27, 16:43)Element_Hg Wrote:

@RayDawGGG quick question - how did you enable / optimize the showcase on the poster view. I use the built in showcase from the mod but they don't look nearly as refined as yours. 

There are two layouts. I don't know if your referring to those or something else? I enabled "Show Large Thumbnail" and disabled "Use Default Titan Layout in the options panel.
(2020-04-27, 17:39)chrisism Wrote:
(2020-04-27, 00:37)RayDawGGG Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 11:48)chrisism Wrote: Well I was actually looking at the double + signs which might cause errors and warnings in the logs, but don't interupt the actual workings of kodi itself. But I was doing some tweaking a little while back on the initial setup and thought up a new approach of determening the correct box sizes where this expression is used for.

Actually, it was also meant as an invitation. As I said I am not a great skinner, so any help will be welcome. This is what I could get out of it.
It's actually about 8 different sizes/ratios, some might have overlapses. The extra art stuff (catridge, flyer etc.) when you go up, that idea I stole from the cast view when you press up. 
If you can help out, have more ideas or solutions, either add them through the git repos or send me a PM. Lets see if we can make it even nicer 

I'm not a great skinner either. You've done a awesome job thus far! I'll check out the repo.. I haven't figured out how to use the pull request yet. If I come up with some collaboration ideas I'll PM you.
(2020-04-28, 20:45)moonchilddave Wrote: ImageImageAm I blind or just missing it?  I can't figure out how to set the sort order for the widgets.  I could have sworn that in a previous version of the skin the option was right in there in skin settings > menu settings where you selected each widget.
(2020-04-30, 00:06)RayDawGGG Wrote:
(2020-04-27, 16:43)Element_Hg Wrote:

There are two layouts. I don't know if your referring to those or something else? I enabled "Show Large Thumbnail" and disabled "Use Default Titan Layout in the options panel. 
no, i mean the dvd case - in the case of your screenshot the 4K UltraHD case. Is it a mod or how did you manage to enable those. (i guess the case depends on the set mediaflag)
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019)15