TrueHD/DTS MA passthrough no sound
One final note for the evening. Installed windows and updated HDMI firmware to 1.72. Confirmed that Kodi for windows worked correctly for HD audio passthrough when I selected the WASAPI version of my avr. I then reinstalled Ubuntu, updated kernel to 4.16, disabled PulseAudio, added myself to the audio and video groups, and installed nightly Kodi Leia build. After completing all of that I loaded directly into Kodi, adjusted display rate to 60hz and tried to bitstream the HD audio but again no sound unless I turn off passthrough mode. Is there anything else I should try? I know it works in Windows so that is my last resort I guess.
(2018-04-12, 11:10)krnulpanik Wrote: One final note for the evening. Installed windows and updated HDMI firmware to 1.72. Confirmed that Kodi for windows worked correctly for HD audio passthrough when I selected the WASAPI version of my avr. I then reinstalled Ubuntu, updated kernel to 4.16, disabled PulseAudio, added myself to the audio and video groups, and installed nightly Kodi Leia build. After completing all of that I loaded directly into Kodi, adjusted display rate to 60hz and tried to bitstream the HD audio but again no sound unless I turn off passthrough mode. Is there anything else I should try? I know it works in Windows so that is my last resort I guess.
 No. You can try with LibreELEC for a test.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TrueHD/DTS MA passthrough no sound0