XBOX No sound at all
Tried everything, force quit, volume all the way up, I had sound a few days ago, when I had to reinstall kodi, but not no, did a reinstall of the app, played with the audio mixer, and still no sound at all.
(2018-08-27, 03:12)Stedmister Wrote: Tried everything, force quit, volume all the way up, I had sound a few days ago, when I had to reinstall kodi, but not no, did a reinstall of the app, played with the audio mixer, and still no sound at all.
 log file https://paste.kodi.tv/ocumikorid
Did you try the solution in Post#6 of this thread, not sure if that's what you mean by playing with audio mixer.
yup
Post 6 worked for me.

I have found that Kodi was buggy and had a lot of issues when trying to work out sound, but after the recent update everything seems to work fine.

P.S. does anyone know if passthrough will work anytime soon? When I turn the setting on the app basically crashes and won’t play anything and I have to shut it down. I don’t mind for now, but in the future I would like for it to work for my DTS/Dolby files.
Same issue here,

The only thing I haven’t tried is a factory reset. Next on the list.
I'm having this issue on my Fire TV box... if I unplug the HDMI cable from TV then back in again sound works!! Its a pain though so back to 17.6 for me!!
(2018-10-09, 11:22)allysim1972 Wrote: I'm having this issue on my Fire TV box... if I unplug the HDMI cable from TV then back in again sound works!! Its a pain though so back to 17.6 for me!!

This is the issue I'm having. Did you ever find a fix? I'm on the latest build.
(2018-04-11, 16:42)curtbuca Wrote: Hey guys, 

I'm new to Kodi and have recently installed the latest version Leia Alpha on Xbox One. 
From the beginning I have had no sound either on the UI, playing a movie from my Xbox internal storage or via streams.
My TV is connected through HDMI and I am using the TV speakers for sound output. 
All other apps work fine, when on Kodi if I press the Xbox home button I hear sound from the Xbox so it is just the Kodi app i'm having problems with. 
I've looked at some videos and some of the posts on this forum but can't seem to find a solution. 
Any help would be appreciated!

Curtis

I found a solution online. 100% resolved the issue of no sound or inconsistent sound on the Xbox One. For example the sound would work when I first started it and then when I tried to play something else, the video would have no audio and I could tell that the sound wasn't being muted (i.e. the red speaker with the x next to it).

I was able to solve this problem by going to Settings, Audio and changing Output Configuration to FIXED and changing the Resample Quality to MEDIUM. I had to also change the Keep Audio Device Alive to ALWAYS.

This resolved the problem permanently. I use to have to restart my Xbox every show. Not anymore!

Original posting from the guys at Web Experts.
I used Kodi for years, on every platform I had. And there wasn’t a single time where everything worked 100%.
I wonder why, instead of making so many versions, they just don’t focus on one or two but do a good job.
They keep on jumping on new main versions without solving old issues.
Now sound stopped to work again on Xbox One, and none of the above tips work.
Enough, switching to Plex. It’s not the same, and doesn’t have those useful addons.
But it works.
(2018-04-28, 07:59)Agaroth Wrote: Now the solution: Start Kodi app and then push Guide button. You'll see the recent app list. Put over on Kodi app and then press A button to enter. You'll see now a "media player?" with the play and back/forward buttons. At the bottom a slide bar with a controller icon on the left and a musical note icon on the right. Slide the bar all to the right (musical note icon) and then back to kodi app. Play some video/audio and the sound is back!

If this doesn't work try going into the kodi settings. Find "System," and then choose "Inputs." Here you can choose "configure attached controllers" to configure the button mapping. On x-box controllers the volume up/down for Kodi is the left joystick. If that is malfunctioning you can change the mapping to a different configuration.
(2019-12-08, 13:33)cwebbie Wrote:
(2018-04-28, 07:59)Agaroth Wrote: Now the solution: Start Kodi app and then push Guide button. You'll see the recent app list. Put over on Kodi app and then press A button to enter. You'll see now a "media player?" with the play and back/forward buttons. At the bottom a slide bar with a controller icon on the left and a musical note icon on the right. Slide the bar all to the right (musical note icon) and then back to kodi app. Play some video/audio and the sound is back!

If this doesn't work try going into the kodi settings. Find "System," and then choose "Inputs." Here you can choose "configure attached controllers" to configure the button mapping. On x-box controllers the volume up/down for Kodi is the left joystick. If that is malfunctioning you can change the mapping to a different configuration.

What worked for me was starting the video, then going into video’s audio options and enabling pass through from there. Have to do it per video but it works 100% for me.
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I just came across the same problem while playing a video file with 32k audio sample rate. I was able to make it play the audio by setting the audio output configuration to FIXED.

It begs the question why upsampling should depend on the output configuration?

Cheers
Lutz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound at all1