Dual subtitle support (multiple select list items)
@moham_96

(2018-05-14, 22:38)moham_96 Wrote: You can refer anyone to this thread to download the addon and I'll try to help with any problem that they encounter as much as I could.
Do you mind if I post it in the OpenSubtitles thread now? I'm sure it will get more interest and support there.

(2018-05-14, 22:38)moham_96 Wrote: Hopefully if this gains support from users kodi team will consider multiselect api

Agreed. Hopefully with more users expressing interest this might be considered.

THANKS! again
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2018-05-15, 09:16)jmh2002 Wrote: @moham_96
(2018-05-14, 22:38)moham_96 Wrote: You can refer anyone to this thread to download the addon and I'll try to help with any problem that they encounter as much as I could.
Do you mind if I post it in the OpenSubtitles thread now? I'm sure it will get more interest and support there. 
 Sure, go ahead
Done. THANKS again Smile

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2735349
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I'm very interested in this feature. I use kodi with android tv. How is it possible to show two subtitles at the same time such ad in the picture posted in the forum?
thanks
(2018-07-19, 16:29)[email protected] Wrote: I'm very interested in this feature. I use kodi with android tv. How is it possible to show two subtitles at the same time such ad in the picture posted in the forum?
thanks
 see the readme file in
https://github.com/moham96/service.subti...nsubtitles
Very interesting feature, long time searching for something like this! But it will be more interesting if you can select local files and not only subtitles downloaded from opensubtitles.

In any case a nice addon!
Hola! I installed this add-on and I have it turned on in Settings but I still only show one subtitle on my media. I am trying to watch "Wasp Network" with which is spoken in both Espanol and English but I am not sure how I get both to show on the screen now that I have this setup in my add-ons? I have both English and Spanish set up under "Languages to download subtitles for" but above that under "Preferred subtitle language" it only lets me choose one language? I am new to Kodi so I am sure it is something easy I am missing,
(2018-04-17, 17:42)moham_96 Wrote:
(2018-04-17, 14:48)jmh2002 Wrote:  
Try it now, I fixed some errors that you pointed (uninstall the old one first)

regarding the crash in vista problem, I'm not sure why i'ts happening. Data Execution Prevention is supposedly used to prevent programs from executing in prohibited memory places, so this might be a problem in kodi maybe? try to enable debug logging and see what kodi spits out in the log when it crashes.

From what I've seen, the multiselect dialog is very limited compared to the usual plugin directory components, I could only get it to show the two labels (language name, and filename).

For now I'm not ready to move this addon to the subtitles forum since it was just a very quick mod.
And maybe I will never release it if I didn't find a way to prevent multiple dialogs.

Thank you
I have tried to use this plugin in Kodi 16.2 IOS but it doesn't work
just crashes

do you have any solution?
(2020-11-12, 15:56)nicktm Wrote: in Kodi 16.2

We're at Kodi 19 alpha at the moment. Support for 4 year old releases is quite unlikely.
I found that VLC 4 supports the second subtitle. So I tried a preview version of VLC 4 and the second subtitles works great. Available at https://nightlies.videolan.org

The other option is to make ASS subtitles. Great tools are available at https://www.submerge.ovh and there is cli, web, api interface. It works great too.
So the next step is to connect these submerge tolls into some of the Kodi plugin :-)
Hi @moham_96 

First of all a lot of thanks for your contribution! Our bilingual family is very motivated for learning "our languages" since we watch Series with dual subtitles.

I have a small request for you. The Kodi add-on seems to be written on Python v2. I am trying to install it on Kodi Matrix but it doesn´t work cause the installation need some python v2 dependencies. Apparently Kodi Matrix is written on Python 3.

Could you please port your add-on to Python 3.0? I haven´t enough experience on Kodi for doing it for myself. If I would have known it, I had never updated Kodi....

Our Grandma would be very happy to see films with her grandson again Smile Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mike
@mvk-wayne not the original developer but I updated the add-in for Python 3 for my own use. I'll publish it and send you instructions as soon as I get a minute - probably in a day or two.
@mvk-wayne please check my fork at https://github.com/staafl/service.subtit.../README.md for the updated links for Kodi Matrix. @moham_96 thanks a lot for your work in creating this add-on.
@staafl  Thanks a lot for your fast reaction. I did not expect such a fast reaction! How can I invite you to a beer? Smile 

The installation works as described on the readme file. The dual subtitles are working as well. The only problem is that I am able to choose the dual subtitles only for downloaded ones. I mean, I only can pick the upper/bottom subtitle from the downloading menu after searching for it. I don't find any option for local subtitles or for non-embedded subtitles from the video file. Is it supposed to work like that, or I am missing something?

Is there some context menu for the dual feature for local subtitles? I tried to install this add-on from the original add-on thread (https://github.com/burekas7/context.subt...ontextmenu), but I got the initial issue: it is on pyhon 2. I don't find the python 3 version. Do you have it as well? 

Regards
mvk
@mvk-wayne No problem, I made it for myself then saw your request in this thread and wanted to share.

I pushed a new release in the repo that supports local files and adjusting the subtitle offset, please follow the updated readme link and let me know if you hit any issues. Please manually uninstall the previous version because I changed the add-in name to distinguish it from the official version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual subtitle support (multiple select list items)0