Use IMDB for certain series (cartoons) instead of TheTVDb
Is there a way to get Kodi to use IMDB for some TV shows, but TheTVDB for others?  The issue stems from a philosophical difference I have with TheTVDB. I look at Animaniacs, and I say an "episode" is what ran on broadcast TV. It started with the opening song, it went through several different cartoons, and then it ended with closing credits. That's a episode.  TheTVDB thinks that each airing is several episodes.  IMDB agrees with me.  My rips are of the entire broadcast airing and I'm not interested in attempting to split them up.  Although I talk about Animaniacs here, they appear to do this on all animated series.

Example. TheTVDB:
1 De-Zanitized  1993-09-13    
2 The Monkey Song    1993-09-13    
3 Nighty-Night Toon    1993-09-13

IMDB:
S1, Ep1 13 Sep. 1993 De-Zanitized/The Monkey Song/Nighty-Night Toon

I've tried making my own NFO files, and that might work, but it would be a lot of bother.  Unless someone has a tool I can use on my PC (windows) where I'd type in an IMDB url and it would produce the NFO file.

Thanks,
Kevin
There is no IMDB scraper for TV Shows.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-04-12, 21:45)photokevin Wrote: Is there a way to get Kodi to use IMDB for some TV shows, but TheTVDB for others?  The issue stems from a philosophical difference I have with TheTVDB. I look at Animaniacs, and I say an "episode" is what ran on broadcast TV. It started with the opening song, it went through several different cartoons, and then it ended with closing credits. That's a episode.  TheTVDB thinks that each airing is several episodes.  IMDB agrees with me.  My rips are of the entire broadcast airing and I'm not interested in attempting to split them up.  Although I talk about Animaniacs here, they appear to do this on all animated series.

Example. TheTVDB:
1 De-Zanitized  1993-09-13    
2 The Monkey Song    1993-09-13    
3 Nighty-Night Toon    1993-09-13

IMDB:
S1, Ep1 13 Sep. 1993 De-Zanitized/The Monkey Song/Nighty-Night Toon

I've tried making my own NFO files, and that might work, but it would be a lot of bother.  Unless someone has a tool I can use on my PC (windows) where I'd type in an IMDB url and it would produce the NFO file.

Thanks,
Kevin

I don't know why they do this. These types of cartoons should be listed as whole episodes, not as individual segments. However they were originally aired is how they should be listed. They did it again with the newest season too; it's so annoying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use IMDB for certain series (cartoons) instead of TheTVDb0