Solved [Kodi 18] Can´t get Artist SLideshow working on s905X device
Hi, don´t know if it is my issue or it´s because of Alpha stage: I´m runningLibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for Amlogic S905/S912 devices from here (Version 8.90.6) with best Skin ever Rapier Version 11.2.1. I have configured the Skin in the same way as on my other boxes meaning enabling Video-Lyrics etc.

At Media => Music Playing section I checked Enable Fullscreen Window when starting Music
I have checked Enable Music Vizualization / Artist Fanart in the backgound
Choose Background: Artist Fanart Only
I have checked Fanart Slideshow
I have checked Animate Fanart Backgrounds

In section FULLSCREEN MUSIC:
I have checked Show CD Art and info in fullscreen music
I have checked Video Lyrics

If I´m playing a music stream from RADIO plugin Video Lyrics start, but there is no Fanart in the background.
Is there any issue from my end regarding the configuration or is it because of Alpha stage?

Thanx for each help!
Hi tapesp.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Smile

I have finally had some time to look into this.

Artist Slideshow works perfectly in Kodi 17 Krypton with your exact skin settings, so it must be an issue in Kodi 18 Leia.

Using the Radio addon in Kodi 17, Artist Slideshow finds the images for the artist currently playing.
Playing the same channel from the Radio addon in Kodi 18, results in a black screen and an Artist Slideshow error message, when going to fullscreen music.

If the problem persists when Kodi is getting close to final, let me know.
Thumbs Up 
Hi, even I could figer out more details. In general I´ve got it working in Leia. I can´t remeber exactly the issue but you have to got through the settings of each artwork plugins which is be be used by Rapier, enable it and check the settings. After doing so and a reboot it worked for me under Leia Alpha.
I actually just got it working perfectly in Kodi Leia.

Some important addons were for some reason missing in my install.
I downloaded and installed them manually, and now everything's top notch.

I bet it doesn't have anything to do with any addon settings.

For artist slideshow, be sure you have these addons installed:
script.module.requests
script.module.simplejson
script.module.urllib3
script.module.chardet
script.module.idna

They should be installed automatically, but some of those were missing for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 18] Can´t get Artist SLideshow working on s905X device0