Kodi Crashes on Most Video Playback
I have been using Kodi for years and have only recently had this problem. Over the past few weeks, Kodi crashes after I try to play video files. It can be a video of just about anything and if it crashes on a specific movie or TV episode, that file will always crash Kodi. I have found the following error to be the problem, but don't know how to fix it. Please help!!!

18:32:12.037 T:3512   ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.kodi_monitor ! --> 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
18:32:12.093 T:9892  NOTICE: DXVA::CProcessorHD::InitProcessor: Supported deinterlace methods: Blend:yes, Bob:yes, Adaptive:yes, MoComp:yes.
18:32:12.125 T:9892 WARNING: CWinRenderer::UpdateVideoFilter: chosen scaling method 1 is not supported by renderer

Full Log File here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Nwxm48YsXZ/
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Banned addons? How could I have banned addons and what are they? I will remove them, but I don't know what they could be.
Come to think of it, I did follow a video while trying to fix this very problem a few days ago and I had to install something weird to do it. It didn't work, which is why I posted here. Is that what is banned?
I went in and removed that add-on I had from the video so it should be all good now. Please let me know if there is a way to fix this issue. It crashes so often now, it seems like a feature. Something like 1/3 video files crashes Kodi and it never behaved like this before.

Here is the new log file:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/nVSJqng58j/
It is still there...
19:44:00.408 T:5032 NOTICE: ADDON: repository.kodil v1.3 installed

Also, enable debugging when you create a proper debug log.
19:44:00.364 T:5032 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thanks for the instructions, I think I have it set now. Here are the new logs: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/fGm3WdZkCz/
Does anyone have any idea why Kodi keeps crashing on me so often? It's getting to be impossible to play any videos through the program.
Kodi is now crashing after a video plays successfully. So I have it set up to move onto the next file/episode and when I play something that actually works, it crashes when the episode ends and the next is meant to play. When I reload Kodi and play the next episode, it plays and then crashes as soon as it's complete. I tried removing Kodi from my system completely and then reinstalling it completely, but the problem remains.
Hey guys
Thought this would be the correct forum to post in.

I am having a similar situation. For reference, I am running kodi on a Mygica box and have never had issues.

For the last few weeks, anytime I play a video (from a number of different addons), kodi will randomly stop the video. It then kicks me out to a white screen that has the android robot figure on it and the word TEST at the top of the screen. So it kicks me out to some sort of android test page for a second and then back to the addon i was just watching from. So then I have to go and start the video all over again. This happened constantly and I can’t seem to find any support for it.

Any help would Be appreciated...thanks
@RCCS - Which add-ons specifically? Can you gather and upload a debug log?

See next post details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I tried reinstalling Kodi from scratch so here are my fresh logs for the crash. There has been no change following the fresh install: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/zNfhv9gWBw/
Can you try that log again. You enabled debug mode half way through the log, which is of no use as we missed out on seeing what is happening at startup with video and audio drivers.

This time Enable debug mode then restart kodi and replicate the problem
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Crashes on Most Video Playback0