v17 Rule does not work
(2018-04-14, 15:02)jjd-uk Wrote: Thanks that makes much more sense.

The way I'd do it is:

Source TV Shows: smb://192.168.1.1/TV Shows
Source TV Docs: smb://192.168.1.1/documentaries/TV

TV Shows nodeRule: path does not contain documentariesTV Docs nodeRule: path contains documentaries/TV
 Nope! Does not work.

And again I've tried every conceivable IS NOT, DOES NOT CONTAIN etc. that I could think of. I've even tried Documentaries/TV vs Documentaries\TV

All the TV Docs are shown in the main TV Shows library.

And I checked I got the CaSe correct.

This is what I end up with: https://ibb.co/mVMAxS

I should mention that the TV Docs node from the home screen seems to work fine - It is showing only the "Documentaries\TV" shows. The skin shows 161 shows, probably because it's using the same widget at the main TV shows, but I'll address that later.
Are you modifying the existing TV shows node or creating a completely new one?
(2018-04-15, 16:29)jjd-uk Wrote: Are you modifying the existing TV shows node or creating a completely new one?

Specifically...
1. Create new TV Docs source (Set as TV Shows content)
2. Add rule to existing TV Shows node
3. Create new parent node called TV Docs
4. Add rule to TV Docs node
5. Set TV Docs as favorite
6. Go to Skin, Home, add more categories
7. Enable Custom category 1. Set As favorite, Select TV Docs path, give it a name, and set widget to TV Shows (All that does is show the # of shows, and unwatched count)
8. Update Library

The rule on TV Shows is not working. The Rule on TV Docs works fine. They are the antithesis of each other.
Hi Yana,

I can't speak to anything regarding the Rapier skin or to mapped drives vs. SMB paths as I use NFS with media on a NAS and the Xonfluence skin. However I have been playing around with Video Nodes and Smart Playlists lately, attempting to better separate my Documentary Series & Documentary Films from my TV & Movie material. I have a long-winded thread about it which you may or may not find helpful.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2717548

In the end what I learned is that although video nodes are helpful, you still need smart playlists to fully separate material for display purposes. Kodi still "sees" the material in all nodes as ultimately either TV or Movies and some views, such as Recently Added are not confined to nodes. And since the Skin Widgets addon is based on this, it also combines across nodes.

Cheers,
Robert
Got it working!

Restored my computer from a really old Windows backup, before Kodi, and any of the tools I installed for Kodi (Eg media managers).

Did things a little differently this time (In all previous tests I did movies first, then all my TV Shows then added the TV Docs source & Node, then updated the library).

1. Installed Kodi & all add ons & Configure
2. Set up TV source
3. Set up TV Docs Source
4. Adjusted node settings, rules and added TV Docs to bottom menu bar
5. Scraped all TV content
6. Viola - Both TV Shows and TV Docs showing correct content
7. Set up Movies Souce
8. Imported movies from backup

Note about the rule - I reversed my logc - instead of using the negative logic of "Does NOT" or "Is NOT" I used the positive logic of Path IS ... for the TV Shows node. I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference, but it did.

I also tested the mapped drives scenario, and it worked for all configurations I tried. So it was only the Path is not SMB://... that failed.

It's working - at last

A couple of issue now..
1. I am not seeing TV Show names or TV Doc names on the bottom of the screen like I do for Movies.
2. The Recently Added and in progress Movies widgets are not showing.
3. I found that when I add content it can take several minutes before it appears in the library even though the scanning had completed several minutes earlier. At times, content that previously scraped does not show until I exit and restart Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rule does not work0