Solved Winx64 Video playback hangs starting 2d item in playlist since 0410 nightly
This is a problem that exists starting with 18.0-ALPHA2 Git:20180410-76f19f6544 winx64 nightly
The problem is when playing the video playlist, playback is normal for the first media item, but hangs when starting the second item.  

Systems tested:

Win 7 x64 w/ NVidia GTX970 hardware
Win 8.1 x64 w/ NVidia GTX1030 hardware

Video files are AVC encodes in mp4 container
A smart playlist was created and queued to the video playlist by sending <p>lay command.  Playback begins on first item (also tested:  party mode and playback from other positions in the video playlist).
Playback of first video is normal (f-h264-d3d11va (HW) / d3d11va-vld)
After playback of first video ends, playback video hangs with "busy" notification (seek bar shows movement).  Sending stop <x> ends playback.

Repeating the test with "Allow hardware accel DXVA2" disabled works as expected (ff-h264 (SW) / yuv420p)

Playback with DXVA2 enabled worked on 0409 nightly and prior.

Log is here:

https://pastebin.com/PT6LzsSf

Noted in log during video hang:
Code:
ERROR: CVideoPlayerVideo::OutputPicture - failed to configure renderer

but there are also some errors of
Code:
ERROR: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true
that I don't think I've seen before.
I'm guessing PR#13756 is involved?  (ping FernetMenta)
scott s.
Appears to be resolved by PR#13768.  Marked solved and will reopen if problems found in the future.

scott s.
Did the issue go away for you? It's still hanging for me. It's like there's two streams going on at the same time for some reason. If I press backspace, the buffering stream goes away leaving what should be playing except it's a black screen until I seek, then I see the video.
(2018-04-20, 07:47)angelblue05 Wrote: Did the issue go away for you? It's still hanging for me. It's like there's two streams going on at the same time for some reason. If I press backspace, the buffering stream goes away leaving what should be playing except it's a black screen until I seek, then I see the video.
 I thought it did, at least some testing showed it did, but last night I had it hang with the "buffering" on like the 4th video in the playlist so there's probably some more issues going on.  I need to capture some logs and look at them.  Problem is I try to avoid changing the environment (by not FF through a video or seeking to the end) to speed up testing so it takes time to recreate.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Winx64 Video playback hangs starting 2d item in playlist since 0410 nightly0