"Play next vide automatically" disables "Play for here"
The mods removed this post for some reason so trying again:

I just figured out why I was not seeing the "Play from here" option in my video addon.

I had "Play Next Video Automatically" enabled under Video playback settings. And for whatever reason "Play next video Automatically" does not work with Video addons.

But the issue is not so much that "Play next video automatically" does not work with addons. My main gripe is it actually hides the "Play from here" option from the context menu of your addons. As already pointed out, the option won't appear unless "Play next video automatically" is disabled.

So in the end you have to choose - do you want Kodi to auto-play your local content, or do you want to be able to auotploay (via Play from here) the content from your addons? But you cannot have both, which boggles the mind.

Now can anyone explain why it has to be this way? Thanks!
I don't know we owe an expalaination for how the software works. I'm using add-ons without an issue and the menu offers 'Play from here' working well. I suspect your previous messages have referenced banned add-ons, and in that might be the clue in that some add-ons scramble or shortcut legitimate code. Your mind boggle might be best pointed in the direction of the 3rd party add-on developer and if you want to personally change how this works, I invite you to take up the challange to do a bit of coding yourself and make a submission.
(2018-04-14, 20:19)PatK Wrote: I'm using add-ons without an issue and the menu offers 'Play from here' working well. 
 Do you have "Play next video automatically" enabled in Kodi/Player settings?
No I don't, would be an oxymoron from my view point. You might post in feature requests, and see if you get any traction.
(2018-04-16, 20:30)PatK Wrote: No I don't, would be an oxymoron from my view point. You might post in feature requests, and see if you get any traction.
 If you don't have it enabled, then no wonder your "Play from here" appears in your addons. But that's the whole point - one shouldn't exclude the other.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Play next vide automatically" disables "Play for here"0