v17 What is the most fluid media center for the Raspberry Pi 1 B+ ???
Mine are totally stable at 1000 Mhz.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Just arm freq ? core and  sdram ?
I'm achieving 25MB/s sustained write speed with a SanDisk Extreme Plus micro SD (which is an "A1" rated SD card) in a Pi 3B+ with the sdhost overclocked to 100MHz. Previously I used a Samsung EVO+ which could only manage 5.5MB/s.

So if you're in the market for an SD card, try an SD card with the new "A1" rating:

https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overvi...index.html

You can pick up a 32GB SanDisk Ultra "A1" micro SD for under £10, but I've not tested this one personally: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSD...B073S8LQSL
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It is whatever the 1000Mhz option is in the default config.txt.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Kodi is an insane cpu/gpu hog.. it'll consume 50-90% at idle .. and it'll feel very sluggish .. but you already knew that, which is why you asked that question, so:

Your best option is to customize it, pick some very light skins, lower the resolution to 720p or less for best framerates. Enjoy!
(2018-04-23, 17:54)brunis Wrote: Kodi is an insane cpu/gpu hog.. it'll consume 50-90% at idle .. and it'll feel very sluggish
Try a clean setup without any clogging addons, I'm getting 10-20% at the most.
Yes, some skins are more demanding, but with 90% idle there something going on in the background. Possibly fanart downloading and thumbnail caching.
(2018-04-15, 13:44)Alyy Wrote:
(2018-04-15, 13:33)MikeKL Wrote: For an existing older rpi and use as media player would pop Libreelec it. As mentioned don't expect blazing fast speed in GUI etc but for starting and then just playing locally stored media it's fine.

Yes I only want to have create the playlist and then play the video files. 
The cheap upgrade will save you headaches on the backend when the hardware is giving him problems.
(2018-04-23, 18:08)Klojum Wrote:  Possibly fanart downloading and thumbnail caching.
Or scrolling text in the GUI.
(2018-04-17, 21:05)Milhouse Wrote: I'm achieving 25MB/s sustained write speed with a SanDisk Extreme Plus micro SD (which is an "A1" rated SD card) in a Pi 3B+ with the sdhost overclocked to 100MHz. Previously I used a Samsung EVO+ which could only manage 5.5MB/s.

How are you testing the read/write speed, please? Are you using hdparm?
(2018-12-22, 12:05)Halloway Wrote:
(2018-04-17, 21:05)Milhouse Wrote: I'm achieving 25MB/s sustained write speed with a SanDisk Extreme Plus micro SD (which is an "A1" rated SD card) in a Pi 3B+ with the sdhost overclocked to 100MHz. Previously I used a Samsung EVO+ which could only manage 5.5MB/s.

How are you testing the read/write speed, please? Are you using hdparm?
I probably used dd, so tested sequential writes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi,
I have rpi 1 b very first model. After trying out the newest version of Kodi suitable for HBO GO (LibreELEC 9.0.0 or #217 latest build) I spent many hours to find old working version to get revert.
Working version means Kodi can mount the external usb drive automatically and I do not have to wait minutes when pressing the arrows of Yatse remote control app when navigating in Kodi's menu.
Finally I have found a usable img which runs lighting fast. Menu and playback are both fast. OpenELEC 5.0.2 with Kodi v14.1.
http://director.downloads.raspberrypi.or...0.2.img.gz
Br
OpenElec is a dead project (for around the last two years or so), but more importantly you'll be missing some important stuff like scraper updates. The ones from back then may well not work now, as the API's and set-ups of the sites that host their databases have changed.

If you just want to directly play media without all of the "whistles and bells" that make Kodi more than just a player then it would work, but so would something like VLC under Raspbian. You'd also be quite restricted in what add-ons may be available that would work too.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
On one hand you are absolutely right DarrenHill.
I had to install Openelec 5 because I was not able to find Kodi/xbmc v14-15 image for Rpi1. Using the up to date version of Kodi would be nice of course but I wouldn't like to buy new hardware. My parents need fluid media player for planning media from usb hdd that is why I suggested v14.

On the other hand the original question was what is the fastest and most light for Rpi1 1 b+ making media center for dad.
Others suggested to overclock or buy rpi3 etc. They are very kind they want help but they are all wrong. 
Solution needed to an existing hardware without any additional purchase and tricks like in my case.

I tried Krypton as well in different distros but they are all far away from v14 if you need fast and reliable working day by day on Rpi1 b+. I know you are all working hard developing Kodi but the balance of new features and usable product have been lost  if you have old hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the most fluid media center for the Raspberry Pi 1 B+ ???0