Just Released: My Movies patch for full Kodi support
the patch just needs to be applied on the computer that will generate the nfo files. If you use the MyMovies Collection Management software on your server to add new titles and generate the nfo files for Kodi, just copy the files there. Otherwise, copy them everywhere else where you may change the info of a movie.
Hi Patchou ,

In the Mymovies patch I noticed that you use WMC and most likely the WMC SDK.  I am working on a WMC project for my own purposes and I was wondering whether you used Visual Studio 2010, or greater?  I have found that the WMC SDK doesn't work with Visual Studio 10, or greater, unless you are able to go to Charlie Owen's blog and download his Addendum.zip.  I have not been able to find the Addendum.zip file anywhere on the web.  This blog has been removed from the web and is not available in any archive.

If you have it, could you attach it to this forum thread, or get it to me some way?

This zip file contains both project and item templates suitable for Visual Studio 2010, or greater.
Hello,

actually, I don't use their SDK. I decompiled MyMovie's binaries to patch some things and add new code in other places to ensure full compatibility with Kodi.

I use Visual Studio 2017 and tools such as ILSpy.

Good luck! Smile
Is there any benefit to using this , with regard to "Plex" ?,  I switched to using plex , after  I found the library feature in Kodi , especially widget thumbnails in constantly  lagged annoyingly when scrolling , That was on decent spec devices such as 'Shield"  and mini PC. I put it down to the size of my library ( 14TB+) , but since switching to "Plex" as my server and streaming it to the kodi library via the "Plex " add-on in kodi on various devices , even low spec like firesticks, I have no more issues ?
Can I assume that using this to generate "local NFO's will make the Plex Server run more efficiently ?
My apologies if it looks like I am hijacking the thread , but as I say all the devices in my house run plex via KMC.
One other question , although I do have a PC running windows10 , my PMS is on an iMac , am assuming "my Movies" s/w is windows only ?
well, it really depends on how you like to manage, visualize and browse your library. With Media Center and MyMovies, I got used to having a perfectly organized library, with covers, descriptions, dvd-sets etc. correctly identified, with no unknown covers, mistakes, etc... once you manage your movies with MyMovies, your one library can be accessed by many other systems, including Kodi or Plex (the reason for this patch is to make sure the nfo for Kodi is generated better).

One other thing I like managing my library independently is that I run no risk of having one of my presenters (Plex or others) screwing up some of the files, overriding my preferences etc... MyMovies keeps its own database and can regenerate nfo files anytime you need. So to sum things up, I understand that for many people it's probably overkill but when you have thousands of movies and TV series, stored preciously on your NAS, you may be happy to not have to manage duplicates, wonder how movie X was interpreted by presenter Y, etc...
Tx , Teading your OP think your saying that the generated NFO files are stored separate from individual movie folders , I will have a look see whether plex will work with that process.
Might sound trivial but one thing I miss with WMC & MyMovies was the wealth of stored data.  It actually stored the disk release date down to the month/day so when inside WMC, and using their library add-on, you could sort the title by disk release date.  In .nfo files it only stores the year so once the year is sorted it's then alphabetical and I HATE THAT.  I miss how once I added a new title it would appear first, since it was the newest and not sorted alphabetically for the given year.  To many times in Kodi I'd find my bran new title 200 movies deep and would be saying, "now what were the names of the new movies I added".  It use to be right in front of my face.  I wouldn't mind seeing a new tag in nfo files for this and seen a few request it but doesn't seem to have an interest in the change.

Now onto your patch.  Kind of wish I saw this last week..lol.  I was searching for something new because as you mentioned the developers do not seem to interested in Kodi support.  Heck I think their Kodi add-on scraper is even gone and dropped.  What also bothered me was inside the MyMovie manager they had the youtube vid ID for the trailer but did nothing with it, why not pass that to the nfo file?  They don't seem to care.  I tested out MediaElch.  To my surprise it read my existing nfo files just fine so it didn't muck with any titles I had to manually fix over the years.  It scraped based on those titles and even adds the proper Kodi plugin link for youtube trailer ID's...worked fantastic.  I disabled MyMovies folder monitoring for now since MediaElch seems to be doing it's job fine but I do have to do a manual scan once I add new titles.  Does your patch manage to pass that youtube trailer ID to the trailer tag in nfo files?  If not it would be good to see that added since the info is in the interface.  It would be nice to stick with one piece of software so I may give your patch a try but if I lose trailer plugin play ability then prob not.
Any chance that you share your code changes with Binnerup? Would make this alot more future proof.
Hi, are you sure you are not an angel? I have been using my movie collection management 5.24 for a long time but only recently started with mediaportal about a week ago and through some conversation found out about what you have done do to integrate with Kodi. so I have tried Kodi for about half an hour and it looks good to me. So I will apply your patch. I have one question though when you have nfo files already resident and then you load in nfo files, does that mean that you will wipe out what's there already, it or does it get integrated ? I think the answer is probably number one, I wish it were number two. of course it doesn't make any difference right now because I haven't put anything in Kodi yet. however it would be wonderful if I could somehow integrate what I have in mediaportal with what I'm about to get from my movies management. anyway I have at least a half year work with my movies management that will now be made use of. I'm using using Windows 10 on a 64-bit processor. According to what I've read here it shouldn't make much difference what I'm using, I  guess. Thank you, and I will let you know what results I get, one way or another.
Don Austin
@Patchou I posted about this in MyMovies forum. Seems that metadata generation is open source. How about getting in contact with Binnerup? https://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=pos...61&#215161
Quick reply to what I just read: thx for the comments, I created this patch for myself to begin with, I'll intend to use it for years so you can be sure that it will be kept up to date and fixed when appropriate.

The NFO file is always re-generated by MyMovie to keep things clean, I think it's better like that as my intent was really to help people transpose 1:1 what they had in Media Center (My Movies) into Kodi.

The addition of the YouTube trailer info is a good idea, I'll look into that.

As for sharing the code with the creator of MyMovies, I'll be glad to do that, he can contact me anytime. I'd be happy to just delete this patch and use an up to date version of MyMovies with all those changes incorporated. My 8+ year old movie library helped me a lot to find several little exceptions here and there to ensure the whole nfo is always properly written, I'll share all the details when needed.
Did anything move on from this?  I have been using MM for years, however recently started looking at Ember.

MM is great for "Disc title management", and Ember is easier for core data for Kodi, like artwork. (eg I prefer posters to disc title covers).

However, if MM were to write out properly for Kodi, I will stick with that, but I would want to update MM to latest versions, so, did Binnerup incorporate this into the core code do you know?

Thanks, and good job!

Dave
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
As far as I know, MyMovies still generates bad files for Kodi so you'll have to keep on using a patched 5.24 version to get the proper info.

I agree all this should be incorporated in the main product but for some reason, the creator does not seem to be interested (or thinks it can be done another way by creating a new export DLL, which is unfortunately not true due to some limitations/bugs in MM).
Don't know if you are actively watching this thread.

Anyway, since My Movies has been updated to 5.25, have you updated your program or will the old version work with 5.25? I would not have a problem going back to 5.24 except for the constant nag screen asking if I want to update. (I have tried turning that off but it still comes up. Maybe you know how to get rid of the nag screen.

Thanks
Hi Patchou

I applied your patch as directed with 5.24 and it does not generate the NFO file apon saving the metadata button. I followed your setup under metadata, and copied the files as directed. Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just Released: My Movies patch for full Kodi support1