3D Ghosting and Signal Issues
Greetings,

I purchased a Gemini Lake J4005 this weekend to replace my HiMedia player, mainly because I wanted better multi-channel AAC playback and can support my USB DAC. So my multi-channel AAC plays perfectly and Kodi runs my USB DAC perfectly like I wanted, but my 3D playback has gone a step backwards.

The issue is ghosting on 3D movies that are SBS 1080p (I haven't tried Over-Under or other res 3D because the only 3D content I have is SBS 1080p). I feel as if Kodi isn't changing the resolution to 1080p when playing 3D, because I had similar ghosting issues with the HiMedia before I worked out how to have it auto-switch to 1080p when playing 3D.

But there is a workaround. If I set Kodi's video output to 1080p, all my 3D movies play flawlessly without ghosting. However I get a separate playback issue when Kodi's output is 1080p, and that is whenever a video stops playing, I get no signal. Then I have to unplug and re-plug the TV or the NUC to get video again, once video is restored, Kodi is windowed borderless on the top left hand side of the screen, and when I make it full screen again it shows video output as back to 4K.

Other oddities I've noticed (but doesn't really bother me much) is GUI jerkiness regardless of whether it's set to 4K or 1080p, however if I change the output resolution (i.e. 4K to 1080p), the GUI becomes responsive and butter smooth. Also Kodi doesn't seem to be able to passthrough DTS-HD, it passes as regular DTS - my old HiMedia didn't have any issues passing through lossless codecs.

I'm running Windows 10 Home x64 with the latest stable Krypton RC (as of yesterday).
My setup for movies: NUC > Marantz AV7702 Processor > Movies Speakers / TV.
And my setup for music: NUC > USB DAC > Amp > Music Speakers / TV on passthrough.
I use Audio-Profiles addon to switch between the two.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Ghosting and Signal Issues0