Amlogic/S905/MXQ
Hi, I have a very basic Android box (MXQ) with an S905. While it's been mostly fine, updating to Leia causes some stutter when watching anything in 60FPS. Everything else is perfectly fine regarding the hardware and software. It's running Android 6.0.1.

As I've been reading, I've discovered that amlogic support was dropped post Krypton and that is probably the problem I'm seeing. I have been looking into possible solutions and the only one I have found is to revert back to a Kodi version pre Krypton to cure the stutter. Has anyone had any other similar problems and can advise me on any solutions I may have missed? 

Thank you.
The cure is stop using Android Kodi, it's like flogging a dead horse for the demanding AMLogic S9xx box owner...

Just like everyone else, buy a Sandisk or Samsung Class 10 U1 micro SDHC card and run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton (or Leia) from it:

[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X (click)

While I'm all for LibreELEC, I have the same problem as many other people. I am not the only person who uses the box. My girlfriend also uses it for various Android apps and while switching between the two is relatively easy I would rather stay with Android. (if I can) I have downgraded to Jarvis today and the micro-stutter is still there even with amcodec enabled which forwards me the believe the problem may lie somewhere else. 

I have however used LibreELEC in the past on this particular box and the SMB problems gave me a reason to revert back to Android. 

A Kodi log shows nothing interfering to cause the stutter so for the time being I'm gonna keep digging. The same content also plays flawlessly on Windows so it's not a source problem. I was thinking may be an apps was syncing in the background causing the problem but I'm only getting it with 60FPS videos. Maybe with 24FPS but less noticeable due to the framerate. Any other ideas apsrt from Lib?

EDIT: If it makes a difference, the box has an S905X not S905.
MXQ, S8+, Nexus and Windows 10 Kodi user. Running X1080 modified for my needs(pvr). ;)
Consilio et Animis
Give up on smooth video playback with cheap Android Boxes.
All of the No Name branded Android devices have No Kodi Refresh switching either - very much needed for smooth video playback.
Otherwise expect 3:2 pulldown judder (Google it)

Android Kodi vs the rest of the Kodi operating system releases, comparatively get little developer attention these days.

Sort out your SMB problems with LibreELEC, there are SMB options in LE Kodi Settings > Services > SMB Client - change them to at least SMBv2

I'm not entirely sure I have the 3:2 pulldown judder as 24p plays perfectly. The problem I have is with 60fps. I have changed a few settings including Adjust display refresh rate to start/stop and have sync playback to display enabled and that seems to have settled it down. I think it may have been down to a mixture of background apps amongst other things as the judder was random. I've completely wiped the box and installed a fresh fireware and so far so good.

I may have to give ELEC a try again but it's like teaching an old dog new tricks with my girlfriend.
Cheers for the info.
MXQ, S8+, Nexus and Windows 10 Kodi user. Running X1080 modified for my needs(pvr). ;)
Consilio et Animis
Do so soon. Kodi on Android is an insult to Kodi on Libre/CoreELEC in every aspect Wink
reflash into libreelec
acemaxtec

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic/S905/MXQ0