Cannot add source folder - red x
I just updated to version 1.4.8.0 and spent a while re-adding my sources. My folder structure is like this example:

D:\TV Shows\B\Battlestar Galactica\Season 1\
etc.

So I've added sources for each letter (A,B,C...) so that the show name is top-level. But this fails when I have another subfolder to fit larger series like:

\B\Batman\Batman - The Animated Series\Season 1\

In the previous version of Ember I was able to get this done by simply adding \Batman\ as another source. Now in version ~8.0 it won't let me, placing a big red X on the source path. Presumably this is because \Batman\ is inside \B\

Is there a setting or anything I can do to make it work?
No. It's no longer allowed to add subfolder that are inside another source.
Ok well that seems like an unnecessary restriction. I'll try and downgrade back to my previous version, otherwise I'll have to find an alternative manager.
No, it's necessary. There are many reasons why I've added these restriction. One is that the show can only be mapped to one source, that means it will be in your tv show source if you run the DB first on that one or it will be in your Batman source if you update this one first. Also it's possible that the renamer run into issues.
Also i don't know any reason to add a subfolder of a tv show source into a separate source.

Maybe it's possible to do that in an older version after a downgrade, but than you've to live with old bugs and no longer working modules/addons.
That's fair. I can't really wrap my head around why it doesn't work even with your explanation, but that's ok. The only issue I had before with my system was that it would add a plain 'Batman' series to the database but I could just remove that with no issues. That said... one of the reasons I tried an update was to see if the 64bit version would make the program run better and not just hang when I attempted to remove a legitimate show from the database.
Quote:Also i don't know any reason to add a subfolder of a tv show source into a separate source.
Oh that's because unlike in the Movies section, the TV Shows section will only read a source 1 folder deep. So I have to add that sub-category folder as a separate source. I do the exact same thing in Kodi itself to get it to recognise the shows.
(2018-04-16, 19:01)Snacuum Wrote: So I have to add that sub-category folder as a separate source.
(2018-04-16, 04:16)Snacuum Wrote: \B\Batman\Batman - The Animated Series\Season 1\
Ah, right. I've overlooked that you wrote "\B\Batman\tv show". Now it make sense but's still not possible without issues.
(2018-04-16, 19:01)Snacuum Wrote: Oh that's because unlike in the Movies section, the TV Shows section will only read a source 1 folder deep.
Thats not true, even in Kodi. Ember and Kodi reads tv show sources recursive, but maps all files to the folder/tv show that's 1 folder deep after the source, e.g. with a source "\B"

\B\Batman\Batman - The Animated Series\Season 1\episode1.mkv
\B\Batman\Batman - The Animated Series\episode2.mkv
\B\Batman\Batman and Robin - The 1949 Serial\Season 1\episode3.mkv
\B\Batman\episode4.mkv

will be recognized as episodes of tv show "Batman". The only thing the Kodi does different from Ember is the possibility that you can set a folder as an own source even the folder is inside another source. The reason why that's possible is that Kodi use a different system to scan and, the most important, Kodi is not a manager, it's a media center. So they don't have to manage how files has to be moved or renamed.

I mean it's not impossible to code that for Ember, but atm I don't have the time to manage that.
Ah. Sorry I suppose I meant 'reads one folder deep' and 'defines show title one folder deep' to be the same thing. I mean, results-wise it is, but I understand the clarification.

I appreciate the reasoning behind why it's avoided in this version. Especially in terms of naming or moving files. In my case I don't worry about that because I don't let Ember rename or move anything - I only use it to generate .nfo and artwork files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot add source folder - red x0