Impossible to add .zip files as video content
Hi, I recently came across with this post on how to use Retroarch as a video player 

So I thought that I could use the same strategy to run emulators within Kodi; yes I know there's the Internet Archive ROM Launcher plugin and yes I know that the upcoming v18 should have the Retroplayer in place, but I still wanted to give it try.

So I created a couple of folders and then created an empty `.zip` file named `test.zip`; with that in place, I followed the instructions from here to add a new source.

After I did that I would expect to Kodi at least show the filename, but it wasn't the case. I thought that Kodi might not allow adding `.zip` files as videos, so I went to Github and found that It should be supported.

So anyone knows why I'm not able to list the file?

Cheers
You can try add additional extensions via the advancedsettings.xml file.
xml:
<videoextensions>
<add>.ex1|.ex2</add>
<remove>.ex3|.ex4</remove>
</videoextensions>

Videos are already compressed files. Putting them in .zip or .rar files is basically useless but it's done for one sole reason, and it has nothing to do with the actual playing of the video.
Quote:Videos are already compressed files. Putting them in .zip or .rar files is basically useless but it's done for one sole reason, and it has nothing to do with the actual playing of the video.

I know that the idea was to point those ".zip" files to Retroarch as an external player.

And also I tried already your suggestion without avail.
What do you expect when it’s an empty zip? put an actual video in the zip and Kodi will see it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Impossible to add .zip files as video content0