Solved Problem with kodi player in Leia win-64 nightly from 30/03 onwards
***Solved*** See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2729341

Hi, something wrong happened in windows 64 nightlies with kodi player between...

Correct 29/03
KodiSetup-20180328-ad9770fc-master-x64

...and...

Bug 30/03 and further versions...
KodiSetup-20180329-1e4ae5e4-master-x64

From 30/03 onwards when the music player starts in the background there is a kind of 'blinking' that even affects the animations as you can see, it happens in other skins also... Until 29/03 everything worked completely fine... Thanks for any help
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
not sure what code you're using to start music playback?
i've tried it by mapping the PlayMedia() command to a key, but i don't spot any visual issues.

any clues in the Debug Log?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I’m using this method to play a theme.mp3 file when browsing movies and tvshows

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330832
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
heh.. not sure what you're doing there, seems both complicated and error prone to me...

it leads to an infinite start/stop loop on my end when a tv show does not have a theme.mp3 file.
but it can't reproduce the visual glitch you are seeing :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie

Thanks for having a look at my code and spotting that bug... All my movies and tvshows have a theme.mp3 so I wasn't aware of what happened otherwise...

My code is already fixed, but the 'blinking' remains... my videos are from Estuary Mod V2; in official Estuary is less evident, but even there is pretty obvious that when the player starts in the background there is a kind of 'blinking' in the blue strip over the focused item; that only happens in 30/03 nightly onwards...
Looks 'like' the window dialog is causing unfocus of list syndrome.
So the blue highlight is set to disappear if not the focused object.
I know this behaviour from a list when it's going to be updated by Emby in background (watched state, playcount).
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Thanks for reporting! I already imagined that someone else had to be suffering the same issue in other situations, good to know I'm not the only one...
But it's not an issue. Emby refreshes the container listing using builtins.
Is there any news on this? I don't mean to bug anyone, it's only that I keep trying every nightly and in the end I have to revert back to 29/03 nightly. Thanks.
***Solved*** This issue was very likely related to this change...

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13699

...to get back the old behavior you have to add an onload with a condition at the beginning of DialogBusy.xml, just after the <window> line, for instance in my case I had to add...

xml:
<window>
<onload condition="String.Contains(Player.Filenameandpath,theme.mp3)">Dialog.Close(all,true)</onload>

...to prevent DialogBusy.xml from running when I didn't want to (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330832)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with kodi player in Leia win-64 nightly from 30/03 onwards0