v18 Optimization of channel switching PVRs
Lightbulb 
Could you add possibility to check max channel number in PVR addons and switch it faster in cases described below:
For example we have 270 channels.
if I press 210 then not to wait for next press for a second and switch immediately (210*10>270)
If I press 28 then not to wait for next press for a second and switch immediately, because there are no channels 28x (28*10>270)
(2018-04-17, 12:58)boot2k3 Wrote: Could you add possibility to check max channel number in PVR addons and switch it faster in cases described below:
For example we have 270 channels.
if I press 210 then not to wait for next press for a second and switch immediately (210*10>270)
If I press 28 then not to wait for next press for a second and switch immediately, because there are no channels 28x (28*10>270)

If you want to switch without wait, type the number and hit OK/Enter. This is a new feature in Kodi Leia, btw.
I know about ok/enter, but it's unnecessary action
And also what are we waiting for if no more correct combinations available? I think it's simple to implement and 1 second faster for switching in more than 80% of switching cases.
Just as idea.
(2018-04-17, 22:24)boot2k3 Wrote: I know about ok/enter, but it's unnecessary action
And also what are we waiting for if no more correct combinations available? I think it's simple to implement and 1 second faster for switching in more than 80% of switching cases.
Just as idea.

PR is welcome.
(2018-04-17, 22:33)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-04-17, 22:24)boot2k3 Wrote: I know about ok/enter, but it's unnecessary action
Just as idea.

PR is welcome.

I like the idea and will put it on my to-do list.
That actually would make channel switching a bit smarter. And the current speedgain in Leia is already so noticable it made me skip Krypton.

Thanks for looking into this @ksooo.
FYI, I found the time to implement this. => https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13815
Nice! Big Grin
Thank you, ksooo. It works great.
Only one not good issue appeared. If I choose channel 111 or 222 my remote sometimes recognize as 1111 or 2222 and as result it try to switch to next channel and if nothing more pressed it switch to channel 1 or 2 for example.
Is it possible to add some delay for next channel switching, for example 250-300 ms to avoid this issue?
(2018-05-04, 23:41)boot2k3 Wrote: Thank you, ksooo. It works great.
Only one not good issue appeared. If I choose channel 111 or 222 my remote sometimes recognize as 1111 or 2222 and as result it try to switch to next channel and if nothing more pressed it switch to channel 1 or 2 for example.
Is it possible to add some delay for next channel switching, for example 250-300 ms to avoid this issue?

Sorry, if your remote is broken, you should replace it. No hacks on Kodi for broken/misconfigured hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optimization of channel switching PVRs0