Solved Channel up/down requires a second press to change the channel
Hello!

Using Kodi 17.1 on XUbuntu 17.04, skin Estuary.

When watching Live TV, if I press the CHANNEL UP (or DOWN) button, using the keyboard or the Android remote (Kore), only the OSD shows up for the current channel, then I need to press UP again for Kodi to really switch to the next channel. I cannot check whether it is the same when using a remote but I guess it is (is it?).

Is there any way to make Kodi immediately switch to the next channel on the first press? Is there a setting I don't see or an add-on for that?
See if this setting makes a difference... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/TV/Playb...ressing_OK
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-04-18, 10:35)Karellen Wrote: See if this setting makes a difference... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/TV/Playb...ressing_OK
This setting is for pressing the OK button to switch when using a NUMBER button, and I'm asking about using the CHANNEL UP/DOWN buttons.
What value are you using in Settings - PVR - Playback - Delay channel switch?
Not sure about the default, but you might have to adjust this to reflect your preference

btw: the setting @Karellen mentions is not limited to numbers but actually for up/down as well. Just on a sidenote Wink
(2018-04-20, 12:32)Atreyu Wrote: What value are you using in Settings - PVR - Playback - Delay channel switch?
Not sure about the default, but you might have to adjust this to reflect your preference

btw: the setting @Karellen mentions is not limited to numbers but actually for up/down as well. Just on a sidenote Wink
Delay channel switch is 500ms. I tried setting it to 0ms and weirdly, it starts switching the channel on the first press. However, that's not what I want - I want to have the 500ms delay. But the problem is having the 500ms delay also, like, turns on waiting for a second press of the button - on the first press it only shows info for the current channel, as if I've pressed INFO, and then just waits a few seconds (definitely more than 500ms) and hides the info like nothing has happened - the current channel still playing.

The setting for the OK button - I don't want to press OK for channel switch so that doesn't work for me.

It seems that the Delay setting has two effects:
  • When 0 - switch immediately on first press
  • When >0 - just show info on first press, then on second press apply delay before switch.
Weird, is it not?
(2018-04-20, 12:59)lyubomirv Wrote:
(2018-04-20, 12:32)Atreyu Wrote: What value are you using in Settings - PVR - Playback - Delay channel switch?

Delay channel switch is 500ms. I tried setting it to 0ms and weirdly, it starts switching the channel on the first press. However, that's not what I want - I want to have the 500ms delay. But the problem is having the 500ms delay also, like, turns on waiting for a second press of the button - on the first press it only shows info for the current channel, as if I've pressed INFO, and then just waits a few seconds (definitely more than 500ms) and hides the info like nothing has happened - the current channel still playing.

The setting for the OK button - I don't want to press OK for channel switch so that doesn't work for me.

It seems that the Delay setting has two effects:
  • When 0 - switch immediately on first press
  • When >0 - just show info on first press, then on second press apply delay before switch.
Weird, is it not?

No idea what's wrong with your config, but here it works exactly like you want it. No extra key press needed to do a delayed channel switch. Hit pg up/down or ch+/- and after the configured delay time channel gets switched, no extra key press.

EDIT: I just spotted that you use Kodi 17. Well, then the answer is simple: you're facing a bug that has been fixed for Kodi 18.
You might wanna try this on Leia indeed.
I am amazed by the current state, even though it’s still alpha.
It has so much impovements in the pvr area (thanks to ksooo i am sure Smile)
(2018-04-20, 14:46)ksooo Wrote: EDIT: I just spotted that you use Kodi 17. Well, then the answer is simple: you're facing a bug that has been fixed for Kodi 18. 
  Thanks! I cannot install Kodi 18 at the moment but I'll definitely do it when I upgrade my Linux system. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel up/down requires a second press to change the channel0