Can't change font or colors of MKV subtitiles
srt format subs are very simple.  Just text lines with a timestamp to show when they are displayed.  The font/style/size etc is all a function of the player.

scott s.
(2019-09-19, 15:34)ksdomino Wrote: Please somebody fix this.
Properly re-check the contents of your MKV file via the MediaInfo tool or otherwise, and see which subtitle file format is being used.
We don't care about "me too" or "same problem" statements. Provide debug log (wiki) files as proof.

(2020-09-18, 23:22)VonMagnum Wrote: As some have mentioned above, changing the font size for subtitles in KODI (Leia 18.8) does nothing at all.  It stays the same size regardless
As outlined, .SRT subtitles work fine, as I just tested on my Kodi 18.8 on Ubuntu. Changing the color and/or size works.
Perhaps it's a Kodi for Windows or Android-only thing, I haven't tested that yet.
(2020-09-20, 06:06)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-09-19, 15:34)ksdomino Wrote: Please somebody fix this.
Properly re-check the contents of your MKV file via the MediaInfo tool or otherwise, and see which subtitle file format is being used.
We don't care about "me too" or "same problem" statements. Provide debug log (wiki) files as proof.
(2020-09-18, 23:22)VonMagnum Wrote: As some have mentioned above, changing the font size for subtitles in KODI (Leia 18.8) does nothing at all.  It stays the same size regardless
As outlined, .SRT subtitles work fine, as I just tested on my Kodi 18.8 on Ubuntu. Changing the color and/or size works.
Perhaps it's a Kodi for Windows or Android-only thing, I haven't tested that yet.

I used the Codec Info in VLC (For some reason, MediaInfo says it doesn't work with my version of macOS (Mojave) when the page says it does.  The AppStore version won't install due to a bug with Mojave that they supposedly fixed, but it's still doing it here).  In any case, according to VLC, it appears Handbrake converted the SRT file to SSA (MKVTools I have for the Mac says it's ASS format), which might explain why it doesn't change in that version, but the 3D version does change on my Zidoo (I just added to the dumped file without re-encoding there).  MKVTools confirms the 3D file version is SRT so I believe it's Handbrake that converted it.

I'm going to try using MKVTools to convert the Handbrake file to use the SRT download (and leave out the ASA/SSA one) while passing through the rest and see how that looks.

EDIT:  Yup.  That fixed it.  Subtitles now change size with the SRT ones re-installed.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2020-09-21, 02:17)VonMagnum Wrote: Subtitles now change size with the SRT ones re-installed.

And the color as well? In light of how this forum thread started.
(2020-09-21, 09:20)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-09-21, 02:17)VonMagnum Wrote: Subtitles now change size with the SRT ones re-installed.

And the color as well? In light of how this forum thread started.

I don't really care about the color, but I can try it.....

Yup.  I changed it to blue color and it's blue.  Smile
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't change font or colors of MKV subtitiles0