Backup Kodi to New Device
Hello all,

First off, thank you for Kodi. It's an amazing media player and I'm floored by it's versatility and features. I can't stop customizing this thing!

I have an Android box with Kodi 17 and my own collection of add-ons. I also have an Acer Aspire mini computer with LibreELEC running a bare bones Kodi 17. I'd like to create a USB backup from the Android box and install it to the Acer to have two identical systems.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kodi does not have a backup feature included. At least I couldn't find one. So I guess I'll have to install a Wizard of some kind? If this is true, what Wizard would the Kodi community recomend? And I suppose it will have to be installed on BOTH units?

Thanx for the help and all your hard work.
you need only the backup addon from the standard kodi.tv repository.
you can run it and backup to a destination.
on the target system you install the backup addon too and restore the backup.
i recommend to activate foreign addons (settings -> system -> addons) before you restore on the target system.
Thank you.

That's exactly what I needed.

Also, I tried to delete the original post because the formatting didn't work. Instead, it created a reply and I can't delete either. Anyway I can clean that up?

- Dean -
(2018-04-19, 19:49)Rokitman Wrote: Anyway I can clean that up?
Just did that for you. You can simply edit your own posts.
(2018-04-19, 21:15)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-04-19, 19:49)Rokitman Wrote: Anyway I can clean that up?
Just did that for you. You can simply edit your own posts. 
 I wouldn't have asked if I was able to do it myself.

I tried to format the text on the original post. The preview showed the syntax, but not the formatting. When I tried to edit it, it showed as a reply, not an edit. And I wasn't able to delete the original.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backup Kodi to New Device0