Req Allow Action ChapterOrBigStepBack to seek before chapter 1
ChapterOrBigStepBack works on VideoPlayer Seek method. The current logic looks if chapters are present in the video and if so, will seek back to previous chapters until chapter 1 is reached. At this point an attempt to send ChapterOrBigStepBack fails because it won't allow seek to chapter 0. If Chapter 1 is not at the beginning of the media, you have to seek back until the play point is prior to the chapter 1 time, after which the "bigstepback" logic works.

I propose a change to the logic of Seek, so if the playing media has chapters and ChapterOrBigStepBack attempts to seek back to Chapter 0 (so GetChapter() = 1), that instead of doing a SeekChapter the logic instead finds the appropriate SeekTarget from the Chapter 1 time (either -10:00 or start of media).

The method change appears to be in VideoPlayer.cpp
Code:
void CVideoPlayer::Seek(bool bPlus, bool bLargeStep, bool bChapterOverride)

scott s.
(2018-04-19, 23:50)scott967 Wrote: ChapterOrBigStepBack works on VideoPlayer Seek method. The current logic looks if chapters are present in the video and if so, will seek back to previous chapters until chapter 1 is reached. At this point an attempt to send ChapterOrBigStepBack fails because it won't allow seek to chapter 0. If Chapter 1 is not at the beginning of the media, you have to seek back until the play point is prior to the chapter 1 time, after which the "bigstepback" logic works.

I propose a change to the logic of Seek, so if the playing media has chapters and ChapterOrBigStepBack attempts to seek back to Chapter 0 (so GetChapter() = 1), that instead of doing a SeekChapter the logic instead finds the appropriate SeekTarget from the Chapter 1 time (either -10:00 or start of media).

The method change appears to be in VideoPlayer.cpp
Code:

scott s.
is on my list for removal. player API supports SeekChapter and SeekTime. your request may better fit into SeekHandler

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow Action ChapterOrBigStepBack to seek before chapter 10