Additional local album images (cd inserts etc)
(2017-05-15, 18:50)manfeed Wrote:
(2017-05-15, 15:41)docwra Wrote: TheAudioDB can provide the back cover from its API, just for info.

Here is what I have until now...

...it searches for back.jpg and spine.jpg in the album folder and show them if they exist, otherwise a mockup is shown; now two questions:

1.- Are those the right names for those kind of artwork?
2.- Is it possible to scrape the existing back and spine artwork from theaudiodb.com? If so, how?

Thanks!

That's awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for.
(2017-05-15, 18:50)manfeed Wrote:
(2017-05-15, 15:41)docwra Wrote: TheAudioDB can provide the back cover from its API, just for info.

...it searches for back.jpg and spine.jpg in the album folder and show them if they exist, otherwise a mockup is shown; now two questions:

1.- Are those the right names for those kind of artwork?
2.- Is it possible to scrape the existing back and spine artwork from theaudiodb.com? If so, how?

Thanks!

Manfeed, The back.jpg name make sense for the back cover. But I am not entirely sure whether spine is the way to go, I think the standard being used for the cd scan is cdart.png in many of the skins for music visualizations. May be you should look for cdart.png and spine.jpg.
Then the artwork file names for albums should be:

Front cover: folder.jpg
CD: cdart.png
Back cover: back.jpg
Spine: spine.jpg

What I sorely miss is some way to scrape music artwork much in the way that Artwork Downloader addon does for movies... Sad
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
^^ Yep correct.

Regarding scraping, I have asked for this feature from the new python scrapers on github here

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11755
I have just discovered that the script skin helper service now returns the back cover and spine from theaudiodb.com using...

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ThumbBack)
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Spine)

...so I adapted my mod (Aeon Nox Spin) accordingly, it will be available soon... only thing to take into account is that if you have those artworks stored locally the file names in the album folder should be:

thumbback.jpg
spine.jpg

...in order that they are detected by the script.

Time to populate theaudiodb.com with more images Wink
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Small word of warning for those with very large music collections running client/server on MySQL, the skin helper service addon polling the music library every 15 mins can cause a memory leak. It is an issue I have been unable to pin down or fix, so all I can do for now is make people aware.
(2017-05-11, 09:51)DaveBlake Wrote: Showing additional images in album info dialog that are located in the folder associated with the album is a reasonable idea, so I have added it to my list. When and if I will ever get to it I don't know.
(2018-04-21, 22:24)jasn Wrote:
(2017-05-11, 09:51)DaveBlake Wrote: Showing additional images in album info dialog that are located in the folder associated with the album is a reasonable idea, so I have added it to my list. When and if I will ever get to it I don't know.
 Hi Dave.  The above quote was from a post we discussed last year.  Might you still have this possible feature on your radar?  The ability to click on a jpg folder containing cd scans and other user-chosen images would be a nice "add".
@jasn I have merged these couple of posts with the thread they relate too (my mod skill are improving)
(2018-04-21, 22:28)jasn Wrote:  Hi Dave.  The above quote was from a post we discussed last year.  Might you still have this possible feature on your radar?  The ability to click on a jpg folder containing cd scans and other user-chosen images would be a nice "add". 
I think that my recent album info dialog refactor, now merged into Leia alpha, enables you to do this: albums can now have any type of art added manually or via JSON API (so addons could do this), and then it is up to the skin to show it. Manual art selection from "Choose Art" allows you to browse anywhere, but has a immediate link "*item folder" that goes to the album folder (if there is a folder that contains all the songs from that album and only the album).

As a database guy I would still prefer to get the information fro CD inserts into the db as data as well, not just an image, so that it can be fully exploited in by searches, filter criteria etc., but I get that seeing the booklet art is important to some people.

See what you can achieve with the current nightly (and a suitably adjusted skin and/or addons).
Hi.. is scraping discogs.com not an option?
(2018-07-12, 22:48)rgalka Wrote: Hi.. is scraping discogs.com not an option?
 Not at the moment, but the scraper system is open so anyone can write an scraper if wanted. No real need with MusicBrainz, AllMusic and TheAudioDB already covering most things.
That makes sense..  ;O)  thanks for the quick reply

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional local album images (cd inserts etc)0