Libreelec 8.2.5 - backup prompt
If you go to Libreelec Configuration -> System and click Create System and Kodi Backup, you'll be prompted with a dialog for the destination. If you click cancel it will back up anyway.

The cogwheel kinda signals settings, but there are no settings. Something useful like storing on a samba share would be nice, considering how many SD Cards Pi's burn through.
(2018-04-23, 17:57)brunis Wrote: Something useful like storing on a samba share would be nice, considering how many SD Cards Pi's burn through
I'm not sure how many SD cards you've used so far, but it's not that bad a situation like it was a couple of years ago.
Besides, the new RPi3B+ can boot and run from USB now, that means external USB HDDs/SSDs as well.

The destination prompt is just for that: selecting a destination for your backup, which can be an internal or external location.
Cancelling that backup process there may have a bug, yes...
Also, the default backup location is the "Backup" Samba share (ie. \\<your-ip-address>\Backup)- once you have made your backup you can copy it elsewhere using Samba.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-23, 17:57)brunis Wrote: If you go to Libreelec Configuration -> System and click Create System and Kodi Backup, you'll be prompted with a dialog for the destination. If you click cancel it will back up anyway.

The cogwheel kinda signals settings, but there are no settings. Something useful like storing on a samba share would be nice, considering how many SD Cards Pi's burn through.
 I have 5 PIs of various generations and I haven't had to change an SD card for many years and they are on 24/7.  In the very early days I had a couple fail.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Libreelec 8.2.5 - backup prompt0