One solution to lack of smb contact between media device running Kodi and server
After struggling for some time to understand why every time I tried to establish a connection between my media device running Kodi (well, Vidon in my case, since the device is an Egreat A10), and being confronted with time outs, invalid argument, and other equally annoying messages, I read the Kodi Wiki on smb/Windows, and did as instructed, went to Control Panel, Programs, Turn Features On and Off, and checked whether the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support was ticked. It was, but I noticed also that the box next to SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal was also ticked. I'd just read at Windows support, "SMBv1 is not installed by default in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Windows Server, version 1709", and some other stuff about it being removed if not used within 15 days after installation. It gave me the idea to untick the automatic removal box, and I finally got Kodi (vidon) to access media files on the computer.

Just thought I'd share this piece of happy news with others who might be going through the same nightmare of trying to get the smb connection to work.

Cheers, y'all!

Pluto1946

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One solution to lack of smb contact between media device running Kodi and server0