FIles From Wrong Path Suddenly Appear in Library [weird]
Hello

Problem:
An unusual problem has arisen in my classical music library. I have this library organised as a separate parent node with a rule that restricts the beginning of the path. I then have a composer node inside the parent node which displays content by artist. At some point yesterday a new folder appeared in the composer folder 'various'. It contained five albums from my other music source, that is their paths do not match path restriction rule. I cannot understand why they have suddenly begun to display in the composers folder. I cannot find any pattern linking them, and although three out of five are compilations in the strict sense (same [albumartist] and [album] tags but different [artist] tags), two are not. One belongs to a six disc release and so while the [album artist] is different from the [artist], the [artist] tag is the same for each track. The second's [artist] tags are all identical to the [album artist] except for one track.

Steps taken:
Clean Library {No effect}
Made [artist] and [album artist] tag identical for the item mentioned above, then recanned it. {successfully removed this item}
Made superficial changes to [date] tag and [artist] tag on some other releases, then rescanned. {no effect}
Made [artist] and [album artist] tag identical for one of the albums, then rescanned. {no effect}
Deleted an item from the via 'file', then cleaned library. {item now removed} Rescanned item {item now back in the wrong composer folder, so overall no effect}

All this is puzzling because:
1. Kodi displays these items' path correctly during rescans and these paths donot fit the path requirements of the parent node.
2. None of these files were added, altered in any way before they suddenly began to display in the wrong place.
3. There are numerous other albums which are, from what I can tell, indistinguishable from these four albums in terms of their basic structure/location.
4. The reasons for the removal of one of these albums after changes to its tag are mysterious.
5. Even if I delete them, clean library, then rescan they still reappear in the wrong place.

Anyone know what I should do next?
The only reason for videos/music files to (re)appear is when there is an active path to those files within your sources, even when a file protocol changes (SMB, NFS, FTP, etc.)
So double-check all of those those first. Perhaps you inadvertently copied some of those files on your server(s).
(2018-04-26, 07:36)Klojum Wrote: The only reason for videos/music files to (re)appear is when there is an active path to those files within your sources, even when a file protocol changes (SMB, NFS, FTP, etc.)
So double-check all of those those first. Perhaps you inadvertently copied some of those files on your server(s).
Thanks for your quick reply.Hmm, I'm not quite sure I understand.
The files are located in another share folder whose path doesn't match the path restrictions of this node. In other words, they are a part of my library but they should not appear in this node. Is that what you mean? Not sure if I've understood 'active path' correctly...
An active path, as in a network path to a source (server?) containing your videos and/or music files, that can actively be accessed. A.k.a. that server/source is not off-line.
In that case, yes, of course there is an active path but that path should exclude these files from the node. It excludes thousands of other files, for example.

There must be an error somewhere I'm just not sure where I should look. I thought deleting the files then rescanning definitely fix it...the files were deleted successfully because they did, in fact, disappear from the node.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FIles From Wrong Path Suddenly Appear in Library [weird]0