• 10(current)
v18 QUARTZ - Leia
I was saying you're pretty quiet lately & wondering what you have been cooking up lol
Hi Nonjon,

is there a reason why Quartz seems to have disappeared from the official repository?

I'll come with proper feedback on music section soon, I hope. The home situation hasn't allowed me to give this proper attention unfortunately.
(2018-12-05, 08:40)mediumdry Wrote: is there a reason why Quartz seems to have disappeared from the official repository?

Not just quartz. Looks like about 10 skins have vanished since RC1. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: This explains it. I submitted the update for v5.4.4. Should reappear soon.
Version 5.4.4 is available. This update does nothing more than reinstate Quartz in the kodi repo.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Last time the quartz skin was on the kodi repo, kodi was named xbmc Tongue
Thank you for uploading it and for bringing it back after so many years.

There are 2 questions I have thoough.

1) I had your skin installed in my kodi by git cloning your repo inside ~/.kodi/addons and then enabling it. That comes with the name skin.quartz.ce.leia. Do I have to remove it and install it from the repo now? I would like to follow its development through github...

2) Since there is no way to open an issue report on github now, I will ask here for a change I want. Can you please change that monospace font in system information to a... simple one like confluence has
(2018-12-08, 07:58)jim_p Wrote: 1) I had your skin installed in my kodi by git cloning your repo inside ~/.kodi/addons and then enabling it. That comes with the name skin.quartz.ce.leia. Do I have to remove it and install it from the repo now? I would like to follow its development through github...
CE is deprecated. You should be installing quartz from the kodi repo. You can follow the code here.

(2018-12-08, 07:58)jim_p Wrote: 2) [...] Can you please change that monospace font in system information to a... simple one like confluence has
There's a reason why most skins have switched to the mono font for sysinfo.

I understand it's a bit jarring seeing a different font in this window but it's confluence that is the outlier in this regard.
Thank you for the clarification on both issues Smile
Preview of the next update - game support.

Expect this to roll out early in the New Year. Smile
Is there a way to have the menus on the homepage do a randomized fanart rotation as background? I wasn't able to find such an option the skin's settings.

Thanks!
(2018-12-22, 23:47)lococola Wrote: Is there a way to have the menus on the homepage do a randomized fanart rotation as background?

Nope. I experimented with that while adding the home screen slide show feature. Wasn't happy with the results. I'm willing to revisit this if you can point me to a skin that does it right. Wink
This is a great skin.  Would it be possible to add the ability to deep dive into an add-on  so I could assert a command within the add-on.  For example, I would like to create a top level command that calls EmbyCon and goes directly to the entry for the stored TV recordings.  That way my wife would not have to select EmbyCon/DVR/Show.

Thanks!

Rob
(2018-12-26, 21:52)robmich Wrote: This is a great skin.  Would it be possible to add the ability to deep dive into an add-on  so I could assert a command within the add-on.  For example, I would like to create a top level command that calls EmbyCon and goes directly to the entry for the stored TV recordings.  That way my wife would not have to select EmbyCon/DVR/Show.

Possibly. I assume this is a feature supported by embycon and that you have succeeded in doing this with another skin? If so, how was that accomplished?
Yes, I was able to deep dive into add-ons with the Titan Skin.  It pretty much worked with any add-on I tried it on.  For my current home theater plans your skin is exactly what I am looking for.  In Titan, in the menu set-up screen, you could select an add-on and there was an option to either select opening the add-on at the top level or drop down a level (or more) and select an internal command.

Rob
Okay. I just installed embycon and then added it to kodi favourites. Examining the favourites.xml file I see there is a content_type parameter to the plugin call. Experiment with changing that and then assign the favourite to a sub-menu using the Home menus customizer found in skin settings.

You can scrutinize Titan's skin settings.xml file for clues on how to construct the command. Check out this thread for a primer on modding the home screen.

Let me know how it goes.
Thanks.  I'm not great with XML, but I will see if i can figure it out.

Rob
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Leia4