• 9(current)
v18 QUARTZ - Leia
Actually no, when I clicked the option in the menu it only showed an empty playlist. IDK why.
What I ended up doing was to add those directly to the home.xml with options to turn them off in the customizer settings.
I also fixed the poster/thumb issue myself, although I'm not sure if it's working as intended but I'm fine with it.
I was also able to add icon view for artists and fixed the issue I had before with the name appearing twice. And since I was on that I changed the order of the album/artist media header.
I also noticed that when playing music and being on the Kodi menu option, the player displayed the title twice back to back. Fixed that as well.
Then I modified the ways movie sets are displayed in some views.

The only thing I couldn't figure out yet was how to open tv shows directly from the shelf when I used a modified episodes.xsp

If you're interested, I've forked your github version. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it but I'm sure you can find it. If you're against it, just tell me and I will remove this line.

Anyway, thanks again for the support. It was a nice experience to start with theme modding.
(2018-10-16, 23:02)EctoOne Wrote: Actually no, when I clicked the option in the menu it only showed an empty playlist. IDK why.
What I ended up doing was to add those directly to the home.xml with options to turn them off in the customizer settings.

Weird. Tested and working for me. I understand you've moved on but it would be much appreciated if you could provide specific steps to reproduce the issue.

(2018-10-16, 23:02)EctoOne Wrote: I also fixed the poster/thumb issue myself, although I'm not sure if it's working as intended but I'm fine with it.

If you went with the fix suggested by another user you will find icon diversity broken when navigating Add-ons>Settings>My add-ons or Movies>Browse to name a couple of examples. The next update will resolve this without side effects.

(2018-10-16, 23:02)EctoOne Wrote: I also noticed that when playing music and being on the Kodi menu option, the player displayed the title twice back to back. Fixed that as well.

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. Will check it out.

(2018-10-16, 23:02)EctoOne Wrote: The only thing I couldn't figure out yet was how to open tv shows directly from the shelf when I used a modified episodes.xsp

I can see how this would be problematic. Did it work with that other skin you mentioned?

(2018-10-16, 23:02)EctoOne Wrote: If you're interested, I've forked your github version. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it but I'm sure you can find it.

No worries mate.
(2018-10-17, 00:52)nonJon Wrote:
(2018-10-16, 23:02)EctoOne Wrote: Actually no, when I clicked the option in the menu it only showed an empty playlist. IDK why.

Weird. Tested and working for me. I understand you've moved on but it would be much appreciated if you could provide specific steps to reproduce the issue.     
I just tried it again and it worked. Well, at least I learned how to add extra menu options.
(2018-10-16, 23:02)EctoOne Wrote: I also fixed the poster/thumb issue myself, although I'm not sure if it's working as intended but I'm fine with it.
If you went with the fix suggested by another user you will find icon diversity broken when navigating Add-ons>Settings>My add-ons or Movies>Browse to name a couple of examples. The next update will resolve this without side effects.     
Nah, i edited every view_*.xml that had that issue and mostly replaced either $VAR[thumb] or $INFO[ListItem.Thumb] with $INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)].
(2018-10-16, 23:02)EctoOne Wrote: The only thing I couldn't figure out yet was how to open tv shows directly from the shelf when I used a modified episodes.xsp

I can see how this would be problematic. Did it work with that other skin you mentioned?    
Yes, but like I said, I don't know how it worked. It might be using skin.widgets or whatever. I still have troubles to figure stuff out.

Well, now I'm going to get this version running on Krypton (I miss the Fanart 2 view on your orginal version) from what I've seen only MyVideoNav.xml was messed up for tv shows.
(2018-10-16, 23:02)EctoOne Wrote: I also noticed that when playing music and being on the Kodi menu option, the player displayed the title twice back to back.

Are you referring to the notification that pops up on the bottom left of the screen or the now playing stuff in the media shelf? I'm not able to reproduce a problem with either. Hoping you can shed some more light on this one. thx
No disrespect intended so no need to get aggressive, some of you xmls still have .is empty & listitem.isfolder that needs addressing that's all. I've added clearlogo,clearart ,increased poster size on list views & nextaired itegration all for personal preference

(2018-10-17, 16:03)nonJon Wrote:
(2018-10-16, 23:02)EctoOne Wrote: I also noticed that when playing music and being on the Kodi menu option, the player displayed the title twice back to back.

Are you referring to the notification that pops up on the bottom left of the screen or the now playing stuff in the media shelf? I'm not able to reproduce a problem with either. Hoping you can shed some more light on this one. thx 
I'm starting to think that I'm stupid. I can't reproduce it on a clean installation. I believe that some of my changes did that but I can't tell why. Confused
It was on the now playing thing on the shelf btw.
(2018-10-17, 22:37)EctoOne Wrote: I'm starting to think that I'm stupid. I can't reproduce it on a clean installation. I believe that some of my changes did that but I can't tell why. Confused

I know the feeling. Big Grin Went ahead and incorporated your change anyway. Should be no harm in that.

Tested your fork for the thumb/poster changes. There are some issues. Navigate to Home>Movies>Browse and you'll see what I mean. Just committed v.5.4.2 to github. Should put this issue to bed and there are some other goodies in there like random movie shelf. It's tested against a bare-bones library so I would appreciate it if you could give it a whirl before I submit to the kodi repo.
Uh, I only have a testing library for Leia myself but I can take a look at it. But it has to wait a few hours, for some reason Kodi crashes every time now and it's getting late here anyways.
Meanwhile, maybe you can answer another question. Is it possible for a skin to read an playlist from the user files or is it restricted to the skin files? I'm asking because I had some issues with the Unwatched Tv shows playlist on a different skin, and when I googled for infos I've discovered some messages that it is not suppose to work anyway. Then I stumbled across the LazyTV addon which can dynamically create a smart playlist for Tv shows. And that's why I thought it might be possible to detect if that playlist is available and integrate it in the skin.

Edit: Since I couldn't sleep I did some quick testing.

* The obvious thing I noticed was that I wasn't able to select the angular theme. I assume that's because the images are not compiled/in the wrong folder. It worked when I compiled the angular folder myself and moved the xbt in the media folder.
* There was an issue on the music shelf, one cover didn't load. It only showed up when focused. But it's fine now after I added/removed more music. Guess it was just a glitch.
* The only "big" issue I noticed was that on the "Media info" view there is no info/image for movie sets.

Apart from that, I've not seen any problems. Although I have to admit that I didn't checked every little setting.

I did some testing with the smart playlist from LazyTV and it worked. I mean, I replaced the episodes.xsp with the one the addon created. It showed the first unwatched episode of random shows. And what's more important, I could directly start them from the shelf. Soooo, it would be really awesome if you could help me figure out how to select that playlist or add that as feature yourself.

I also made a new fork of your theme (since mine was broken anyways) and I've made two separate commits. One is the addition of Icon view for artists and the other is the addition of the (optional) current playlist shortcuts. IDK, maybe you want to add those or not.

Edit 2:
I actually just added the LazyTV feature myself. If the addon is installed there is an option in the shelf customizer to use the dynamic smart playlist. Otherwise it should use the default one.
It's expected that themes won't work when manually installing from the git repo. Kodi repo creates those texture files so no worries about angular.

There isn't supposed to be a poster image for movie sets in media info view. You added that. Suppose I could too.

Definitely a no vote on the notion of playlist links for home menus. As you're no doubt aware, there is logic that prevents access to empty playlists. A sub-menu option that grays-out (or worse, does nothing) would not be a good look/feel for the home screen, imo. The favorites approach remains my go-to recommendation for adding this functionality.

Thanks for helping test. I plan to submit 5.4.2 early next week.
(2018-10-17, 17:03)skb1 Wrote: some of you xmls still have .is empty & listitem.isfolder that needs addressing

Indeed. Thanks for pointing that out!

Image links are not working for me, btw.

Edit: ListItem.IsFolder is legit. Did you mean to flag something else? thx
PSA for quartz users.

There is, finally, a working Amazon VOD add-on and it is glorious! Nod

Will be re-positioning the context menu in v5.4.2 to accommodate the lengthy list of options this app can present.

Edit: No further discussion about this here, please. Just wanted to bring this to your attention.
Preview of changes coming soon...

The number of visible context menu entries is capped at nine while scroll indicators hint at additional options.

Per user request, there is a random option for populating the movie shelf.

HUD for direct channel inputs to live TV.

Improved handling of live TV by the video player OSD (unavailable controls disable and seekbar displays more useful information).

• program descriptions disappeared in the pop-up TV channel switcher somewhere around beta 3 - fixed
  • ratcheted OSD menu transparency settings back a notch for more control on the opaque end of the spectrum
  • resolved movie media view issues for users managing artwork within their library folder structure
FYI, v5.4.2 is live. Angular users my find it necessary to cycle kodi, post-update, because of changes to the theme. thx
Hi nonjon, congrats with Quartz being in the official repository. I do have to restart Kodi everytime Quartz updates, as you mention (am using Angular), but I do not mind. The only bits for me that could still be improved is the music section, everything else is just great. I love that the time info onscreen for live tv now uses the programs timers and shows how far in the show it is.

Thanks!
Will probably make some minor improvements to music in the next update. Did you have something specific in mind?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Leia4