• 2(current)
v18 QUARTZ - Leia
(2018-06-01, 15:11)nonJon Wrote: I am not able to reproduce this using the most recent nightly build. 

Right... turns out it was a config error on my part. Apologies for making you look into it. After also seeing it on other skins I went through any possible setting and in the Media settings in the configuration there is a music section where you can specify which tags to be shown. I was missing a % there. It only shows up on that specific page though, not on other music related views. Still, thanks for helping me fix it.

Any news on how to allow the "recently played albums" as opposed to "recently added albums" on the shelf? Most beautiful solution for that (in my mind) is to use the shelf customizer and instead of having "on" or "off" there, if you could have the options where it now shows "on", basically saying "recently added" or "recently played". Not sure how much work that would give in the background.
No news. Did tinker a bit with the guide and found what might be a reasonable solution to the truncation issue. Try playing with the rulerunit/timeblocks values in View_PVR.xml. For example, changing the default values to 3/21 divides each hour into 4 chunks instead of two. More bang for the buck than trying to shave millimeters from column widths and I can envision a skin setting to toggle compact/expanded EPG view using this approach.
You are a wizard... I love the toggle for the Music shelf. It works well. And the PVR Guide looks so much better now... The only thing is that there's often not enough space for the program info. One (or two) extra TV channels worth of space should fix that. This skin is getting quite close to finished, from my point of view (unless you want to go through the work of getting all dialogs the same Smile )

One small thing... the subtitle controls are missing. If you go to the DialogSeekbar.xml in VideoFullScreen.xml and choose audio & subtitles (it mentions VideoOSD.xml and DialogSettings.xml) then there are audio controls (volume and offset), but the subtitle offset and disable options are not there. Is this intentional?

Again, many thanks for how fast you fixed this, even though there was no obligation. (this is understood)

Is there anything that makes you happy that I could do?
(2018-06-06, 18:45)mediumdry Wrote: The only thing is that there's often not enough space for the program info. One (or two) extra TV channels worth of space should fix that.
Don't understand what you're asking for... removing rows from the guide matrix to embiggen the new meta data section at the bottom?

(2018-06-06, 18:45)mediumdry Wrote: One small thing... the subtitle controls are missing. If you go to the DialogSeekbar.xml in VideoFullScreen.xml and choose audio & subtitles (it mentions VideoOSD.xml and DialogSettings.xml) then there are audio controls (volume and offset), but the subtitle offset and disable options are not there. Is this intentional?
Depends on the context. The skin knows better than to offer options that are not available... like subtitles when watching live content, for example.

(2018-06-06, 18:45)mediumdry Wrote: Is there anything that makes you happy that I could do?
You already found the rep button. Thanks.
My bad. To me subtitles means something you download. Didn't realize KODI supports closed captioning. Quartz does not. That will change.
(2018-06-06, 19:52)nonJon Wrote:
(2018-06-06, 18:45)mediumdry Wrote: The only thing is that there's often not enough space for the program info. One (or two) extra TV channels worth of space should fix that.
Don't understand what you're asking for... removing rows from the guide matrix to embiggen the new meta data section at the bottom?
Exactly. It takes a while before it begins to auto-scroll. And often the metadata is more than can fit in the section.
(2018-06-06, 19:52)nonJon Wrote:
(2018-06-06, 18:45)mediumdry Wrote: One small thing... the subtitle controls are missing. If you go to the DialogSeekbar.xml in VideoFullScreen.xml and choose audio & subtitles (it mentions VideoOSD.xml and DialogSettings.xml) then there are audio controls (volume and offset), but the subtitle offset and disable options are not there. Is this intentional?
Depends on the context. The skin knows better than to offer options that are not available... like subtitles when watching live content, for example.
Fair enough, but this is with tv shows and movies. If I watch a video file that has either subtitles muxed in or with subtitles downloaded, I can search for new subtitles (option given), but if I want to change the subtitle offset, I do not get that option. In the audio&subtitles menu option, only the audio controls appear. When checking in other skins, it seems that Leia has changed so that there is no "audio&subtitles" menu, but they are seperated now. The old link goes to the audio settings, the subtitle settings simply have no way to get displayed.
(2018-06-07, 00:29)nonJon Wrote: My bad. To me subtitles means something you download. Didn't realize KODI supports closed captioning. Quartz does not. That will change.
I'm not asking for it, but if you're looking into it, teletext would be nice to have (but even for me low on the priorities list)
I'm stateside where teletext never caught on. With no way to test, support for it is not forthcoming. Sorry.

Subtitles should work now.
will try the new subtitle fix. Teletext was a longshot. When I watched normal tv a lot, I used it extensively (quite useful). Haven't for the last years, but saw it was an option Smile

Thanks!
Just reporting back. I can confirm it is now working as expected. Was a bit upset by the disappearance of "download subtitles", but then saw it in the subtitles dialog, which makes more sense. Been trying (and failing) to change the line height of the EPG, as there is quite a lot of height relative to the font size. Will report back when I have it working for me. Cool to keep debug options like the grid in the advanced settings!
(2018-06-08, 06:04)mediumdry Wrote: Been trying (and failing) to change the line height of the EPG,
Don't waste your time. I already experimented with that and prefer the layout as is. The changes I just pushed out represent the final form of the guide. I'm quite happy with it. Wink
me too! I mean... I agree. Thanks.. much more space for info, without losing a good view of the channels.

I still feel there's a bit too much space in the bars relative to the font size, but Kodi's skinning is doing my head in. It's completely opaque where settings are read from. Even with debugging on and seeing what xml file is read from. But they can just refer to a view number and I have no idea where they are read from. Been grepping through all the xml files without much succes.

How did you come to skinning? Do you have a programming background?
Yeah, I do this sort of thing for a living. Lines 135 to 343 in View_PVR.xml is where the EPG layout is defined - in case you still want to roll your own solution. I've moved on... there are new features to play with! Wink
Loving the new features.. having the info a few seconds on screen at the start of a movie/show.

There are still some small bugs, for instance, in the addon settings, there are two clocks. The old small one and the new bigger one. It happens on more screens in the settings.

Also, a question on the EPG Tongue , are the small colour .pngs in media/pvr_genres used for the background or only the line around the programs? I'm trying to change them, with limited succes.
(2018-06-13, 07:31)mediumdry Wrote: Loving the new features.. having the info a few seconds on screen at the start of a movie/show.
Glad to hear it. Not too happy that SHS adds a context menu entry. Avoid it for the time being because it can crash Leia. Nothing I can do about that.

Pushed out a fix for the clock. Headers, in general, could use some spit and polish.

(2018-06-13, 07:31)mediumdry Wrote: Also, a question on the EPG Tongue , are the small colour .pngs in media/pvr_genres used for the background or only the line around the programs?
Genre colors fill the cells. Period. The other effect you see is just a happy accident.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Leia4