• 18(current)
v18 QUARTZ - Leia
Wink 
(2020-03-16, 21:32)nonJon Wrote: Welcome to the forum. Happy to help but need a bit more info.
nluebke25 Wrote:1.) As i use Xattoo PVR there is no button for replay (other Skins have that option)
In what window would I expect to find this button? If you could post an image of said button from another skin that would be helpful.
nluebke25 Wrote:2.) in the Channel-List View the "preview" window always remains empty
Not sure what you mean by preview window. Are you referring to the mini video player that defaults to a static image of a chair in front of a TV? Again, a picture is worth a thousand words. ;-)   
Hi nonJon,

1.) here are screenshots from estuary skin. From the epg-list you select a program (ZDF HD)

then the options window opens. Here you can see the Button "Sendung ansehen", that will play the program from the start (restart-function).
The function is enabled only on selected programs, depending on the Zattoo-Ultimate Account.

In Quartz-Skin the Button is missing at the same program:

2.) You're right, it's the room with the chair in front of a tv. Maybe it's possible, to show the preview-Pictures from the EPG here.

Sorry for my English, my German is a little better....

Thanks for your help
@nluebke25

Thanks for the pics! Crystal clear what needs to be done.

1) I will add the Restart button to the Program information dialog.

2) It was never my intention to show program thumbnails in that window but I will experiment with it. No promises.

Cheers!
(2019-11-02, 09:23)jim_p Wrote: Some minor issues with 5.4.8.

- When pressing the codec info button ("o" by default), both the codec info overlay and the info overlay ("i" button by default) come up, although the info one is below. Then you press "o" again, and the info overlay stays there, so you have to press "i" to hide it too.

The above were verified on debian testing x64 and libreelec 9.2beta2 x64, both on kodi 18.4. The forementioned behavior does not occur on confluence and I do not use other skins.
Quoting myself since I found one more issue similar to the above.
When pressing "f" (fast forward) or "r" (rewind), the info overlay comes up too. Pressing "i" makes it go away, but it should not come up in the first place. And again, this behavior does not reproduce on confluence. Moreover, the same happens to the info overlay when pressing "m", but this happens on confluence as well, so this may be the intended kodi behavior.
I decided to check all the other keyboard shortcuts related to video play back today, just in case. If I find anything else, I will repost.

Kodi 18.6 on debian testing x64 and on libreelec 9.2.1 x64. No other skins used.

---edit
The same happens with the arrow keys (up, down, left, right), with pgup and pgdown and with "." and ",". All of them have to do with seeking.
And space (pause) has the same behavior.
jim_p Wrote:When pressing "f" (fast forward) or "r" (rewind), the info overlay comes up too. Pressing "i" makes it go away, but it should not come up in the first place. And again, this behavior does not reproduce on confluence. 

Working as intended. Onscreen help for "Settings>Skin>Player>Use extended info bar for OSD" reads:
Substitutes the extended info bar for the default single-line bar atop the video player OSD.

In other words, any time the default top bar would normally be visible, show me the info bar instead. Disable the aforementioned setting and see if you don’t agree that seekbar behavior has not changed. Only the appearance of seekbar was altered and you opted in to that. Wink
@nluebke25

The fix for issue 1 is available in my github repo. Kindly update your skin and test the change. I'm unable to do so with my pvr setup.

Verdict is in on number 2. Testing revealed that epg thumbs do not scale gracefully to the 16:9 layout of the embedded player in channels view. Images are stretched such that human subjects gain 30 lbs. ;-) Maintaining the aspect ratio fairs no better with large black bars flanking the image. Neither is a good look so this is not going to happen. Sorry.

On a side note... I added the capability to customize the default image displayed by the player.

(2020-03-20, 11:50)nonJon Wrote: Working as intended. Onscreen help for "Settings>Skin>Player>Use extended info bar for OSD" reads:
Substitutes the extended info bar for the default single-line bar atop the video player OSD.
In other words, any time the default top bar would normally be visible, show me the info bar instead. Disable the aforementioned setting and see if you don’t agree that seekbar behavior has not changed. Only the appearance of seekbar was altered and you opted in to that. Wink 
Thank you! It looks much better now Smile
(2020-03-20, 16:52)nonJon Wrote: @nluebke25

The fix for issue 1 is available in my github repo. Kindly update your skin and test the change. I'm unable to do so with my pvr setup.

Verdict is in on number 2. Testing revealed that epg thumbs do not scale gracefully to the 16:9 layout of the embedded player in channels view. Images are stretched such that human subjects gain 30 lbs. ;-) Maintaining the aspect ratio fairs no better with large black bars flanking the image. Neither is a good look so this is not going to happen. Sorry.

On a side note... I added the capability to customize the default image displayed by the player.

ImageImage
Hi nonJon,

that's enough for my needs, thank you very much.

Corona-free greatings from germany

N.Lübke
I absolutely love this skin! the only thing that I've been having issues with is the watched, unwatched, and in progress indicator settings don't seem to do anything and no matter what toggles i change it wont show the indicators. every other skin shows them just Quatrz having the issue. is there something in the configs i can change to fix or test why?
(2020-03-25, 04:50)lokiwow Wrote: I absolutely love this skin! the only thing that I've been having issues with is the watched, unwatched, and in progress indicator settings don't seem to do anything and no matter what toggles i change it wont show the indicators. every other skin shows them just Quatrz having the issue. is there something in the configs i can change to fix or test why?

nevermind i forgot about the change view option and switched to big list it is now showing them, i didn't realize they didn't show in all views.....sorry
lokiwow Wrote:i didn't realize they didn't show in all views...

Nor did I. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Progress overlays will be added to icons and big icons views with the next update.
Skin version 5.4.10 has been submitted to the kodi repo.
Can you please add a changelog or a whatsnew.txt so that we know what has changed on every update?
The only thing I have noticed so far was the lack of the background on the weather menu... because I was checking the weather the moment the skin was updated.
The weather app now respects the "Hide background art" skin setting. Un-check that and the beach scene will reappear. The plan going forward is to remove that static image altogether and allow users to set their own weather background similar to the homescreen functionality. Support for weather fanart packs (static or multi-image) is also in the works.

Will consider a changelog. In the meantime you know where to find that info. Wink
PSA for the code watchers in the audience. Github master is now based on Kodi 19 / Matrix. Leia code can be found in a branch of the same name. Cheers!
Question @nonJon.  I am using the "Panel" menu on Leia 18.7 with Quartz for the display of my movie library.  I have a fairly large library with more than 3,500 movies.  The Textures13.db cache is fully and properly populated.  But I am noticing that whenever the "Panel" is refreshed, it seems to load all of the icons (posters) in the order that they are stored in the table.  Since it has 3,500 to load, this can take about 30 seconds to complete.  But the problem is that I really don't care about the 3484 icons that are not on the screen at the moment.  I only really need to see the 16 that need to be displayed right now for what is on screen ... I use the dateAdded ordering.  The order in which the icons populate is always the same, but it takes about 30 seconds, as I said, before some of the most recent items fill in, because they are the last entries in the textures and in my path/files tables.

Is there anything you can do to improve this, or is this a Kodi core capability for which you are a victim as well?

Thank you!
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Leia4