• 20(current)
v18 QUARTZ - Leia
(2020-06-29, 23:42)bornagainpengui Wrote: Is this a bug then? I thought it was expected behavior.

Compared to other skins... yes it's a bug.
Hi

I'm just wondering if there is a problem with the population of artwork.  For TV Shows, on the media shelf, I have the skin set to auto populate with thumbnails.  The thumbnails are present and I have used the "export video library" function (separate files) to create a physical file, which exists in the kodi folders for the associated TV Show.  I can see that there is a 'show name'-thumbnail file.  But for some reason, these do not populate on the media shelf in Quartz.  

Can you advise ... where does the skin look to get a thumbnail?  Is it possible that it needs to be able to perform an "insert" into the DB?  Because if so, this might be a problem because for many of my clients, I do not allow them to modify MyVideos - I prefer to limit any potential sources of inconsistency to my DB contents.
@bfgane

AFAIK, adding thumbs to your source folders is not going to change the artwork associations that were made (if these were not present) during the initial library scan. Easiest way to correct that would be to remove the source then add it back. hth

Edit: BTW, using the export function for the purpose of creating local artwork is a discouraged practice.
We may be off topic with respect to skinning issues, but thank you for the pointer to Millhouse's post.  But what I take from his advice is that you can mitigate the loss of resolution on posters and fanart if you simply increase your imageres and fanartres default settings in advancedsettings.xml, which is easily done.
(2020-07-26, 16:06)nonJon Wrote: BTW, using the export function for the purpose of creating local artwork is a discouraged practice.

Considering that that post was from 2017, I'd be curious to know if anything has changed since then or if using add-ons like Artwork Beef or tools like Tiny Media Manager have these same issues or not.
Hello there,

Only discovering the Quartz skin now, which i rly love on the Oled TV :p

Does the skin allow us to display multiples fanarts ? (Music artist)

If so how ? help a novice out pls :p

PS: Oh it doesn't support Artist Slideshow ?
(2020-08-29, 17:46)Lockzar Wrote: Does the skin allow us to display multiples fanarts ? (Music artist)

No, not this version. However, the next update to quartz/matrix will include artist slideshow support for the fullscreen music player.

I envy you those inky black backdrops that oled provides. Someday... Wink
Great news !

Ehhhh Kodi ... Matrix finally support real HDR, but Python 3 Sad ( PlexKodiconnect not compatible at all yet )
Just started to use Kodi on android box, Quartz offers best user experience except one thing: seeking with remote's directional buttons doesn't display neither step size nor position before i stop to tap button, so it is impossible to guess where to psition will go. Is this intended behavior? Is there some possible fix for this?
@Khrundel

Welcome to the forum. Quite right about the lack of seekbar feedback. Will look into adding that capability.

Cheers.
Khrundel Wrote:[..] seeking with remote's directional buttons doesn't display neither step size nor position before i stop to tap button, so it is impossible to guess where to psition will go. [..]

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. A patch that resolves this issue is on the way.
One small issue I noticed yesterday.
While something is playing (local or stream), I click the menu button > subtitle settings > browse for subtitle. Then the "folder structure" window shows up and I navigate to the subtitle file I want to use.
The problem is that while that window is open, the video loses frames and becomes laggy. It is not noticeable on a high end system, but it is very noticeable and annoying on my low end one and on the rpi3b+. I think this is a quartz specific issue because it does not happen with confluence for instance, although they both show that window in a semi-transparent way. And as usual, I do not use other skins so as to test it there too.
@jim_p

My test environment includes every rpi produced to date so I can readily reproduce the performance concerns you have expressed. That said, I cannot fault quartz for the problem. I observe the same hitching and momentary stalls using confluence, estuary and every other skin I tried.

Recommend pausing the video first if it's that offensive to you. Sorry for the less than satisfying answer... Sad
I see. Well, my observations are stated above. I will consider your solution, thank you.
May I ask what distro are you using on your rpis? I am on libreelec.
(2020-10-23, 10:51)jim_p Wrote: I am on libreelec.
same
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Leia4