• 21(current)
v18 QUARTZ - Leia
@jim_p

Perhaps I misunderstood your problem description. The hiccups I see appear to be the result of filesystem access on weak hardware. If what you're describing is dropped or late frames while the window is visible, and you are otherwise doing nothing in terms of navigation, then please see FAQ #2 for a possible solution. Unlimited should not be problematic for rpi3b+.
Hello,
I'm trying to understand why some menu items are inactive. For example in the Quit menu only Quit is available and the other options are inactive. Similarly some of the View Menus have inactive options. Is this the skinner's decision or is it due to a setting choice that I have made elsewhere? Any clarification will be gratefully received. Thank you
Hi, is there anyway to prevent the composer section of music files from appearing when searching in Quartz?
(2020-11-30, 21:11)purpleomega Wrote: Hi, is there anyway to prevent the composer section of music files from appearing when searching in Quartz?

Unfortunately no. Searching music from the home screen invokes a kodi built-in function that scans the entire music database. There is no way to change that behavior.

The Global Search add-on is a possible solution. You could install it, favorite it, pin the favorite to the music sub-menu, then narrow the search parameters via the add-on's settings. The one caveat is that I have not provided a skin file for Global Search so the search results window will be Estuary themed. I might be persuaded to quartzify the output. Wink hth
(2020-11-30, 23:13)nonJon Wrote:
(2020-11-30, 21:11)purpleomega Wrote: Hi, is there anyway to prevent the composer section of music files from appearing when searching in Quartz?

Unfortunately no. Searching music from the home screen invokes a kodi built-in function that scans the entire music database. There is no way to change that behavior.

The Global Search add-on is a possible solution. You could install it, favorite it, pin the favorite to the music sub-menu, then narrow the search parameters via the add-on's settings. The one caveat is that I have not provided a skin file for Global Search so the search results window will be Estuary themed. I might be persuaded to quartzify the output. Wink hth

I'll give it a try and see what happens. If I can't use quartz, it's probably a deal breaker though. Thanks for the advice.
Quote: The one caveat is that I have not provided a skin file for Global Search so the search results window will be Estuary themed. I might be persuaded to quartzify the output. Wink hth

I'm interested....... other than deleting the metadata line for composer, I can't find a solution. Global Search works, but yeah that hideous Estuary skin has got to go lol. Could you make Global Search compatible with Quartz? Not sure what kind of persuasion you'd need, but I'll happily give a hardy virtual handshake and an all caps thank you, lol.
@purpleomega

I will look into it. Probably take a few days...
@purpleomega et al.,

I created a separate thread for Global Search support.
Hi folks

I really like the Skin. But I miss some features. Maybe it already exists and I haven't found it yet.

One is the scrollbar in the music collection under Artists (with List view). The scrollbar is not deactivated when i look in the setting of the skin.
If i change the view to Symbols (would be for me also a good solution) then i miss the Tag (name) of all Artists. The name of the Artist is just visible if i go on it.

The last is, if i click on an Track to play the music, it would be great if the Window automatically changes to now playing. Now i have manually to switch to this window.

But the skin is otherwise excellent and i like it.

Could someone help me to setup or maybe to implement it in an next Release?

I have Kodi Leila 18.9 and Skinn 5.4.11

Thanks and cheers 
Manuel
Welcome to the forum @HattoriHanzo

Quote:One is the scrollbar in the music collection under Artists (with List view). The scrollbar is not deactivated when i look in the setting of the skin. [..]
I will look into adding scroll bars to music list views. Probably for matrix since the leia version is basically bug fix only at this point

Quote:The last is, if i click on an Track to play the music, it would be great if the Window automatically changes to now playing. Now i have manually to switch to this window.
Previous versions of quartz included a skin setting to auto play music fullscreen. This feature was removed for leia because of a graphical glitch I was never able to resolve. The good news is that matrix adds this feature to kodi's core functionality. You will find it at: Settings>Media>Music>Switch to visualization on playback.

So both of your issues will have been addressed by the time kodi 19 is ready for mainstream adoption. Wink
(2021-01-20, 22:32)nonJon Wrote: Welcome to the forum @HattoriHanzo
Quote:One is the scrollbar in the music collection under Artists (with List view). The scrollbar is not deactivated when i look in the setting of the skin. [..]
I will look into adding scroll bars to music list views. Probably for matrix since the leia version is basically bug fix only at this point
Quote:The last is, if i click on an Track to play the music, it would be great if the Window automatically changes to now playing. Now i have manually to switch to this window.
Previous versions of quartz included a skin setting to auto play music fullscreen. This feature was removed for leia because of a graphical glitch I was never able to resolve. The good news is that matrix adds this feature to kodi's core functionality. You will find it at: Settings>Media>Music>Switch to visualization on playback.

So both of your issues will have been addressed by the time kodi 19 is ready for mainstream adoption. Wink

Hi nonJon

Thanks for your quick reply.

Now I'm running into a disaster Wink. I have Kodi on CoreELEC running and they wrote, that they will probably no longer support my S912 Processor for Kodi 19 Matrix

"
NOT supported devices
SoC family GXB and S912. GXB support got dropped by Amlogic in newer Kernel.
S912 do not and never had such Mali blob implementation to be able to be used on newer Kernel.
"

Anyway, maybe you can do one last update on Kodi Leia or then sometime I'll anyway have to look to an another TV box Wink.

Cheers
Manuel
@HattoriHanzo

Drop this file into the skin's 16x9 folder to enable auto fullscreen music playback. Providing this as-is because, like I already mentioned, there may be some graphical hiccups on certain patforms.
hi nonJon

Ah so nice thanks, it works so far Smile

Cheers
(2020-06-02, 01:07)nonJon Wrote:
(2020-06-02, 00:47)bfgane Wrote: Is there a simply way to present a selection for a playlist on the homepage? 

Sure. Browse to the playlist, bring up the context menu and choose 'Add to favorites'. Then go to 'Settings>Skin>Homepage>Home menus customizer' and add the favorite to the Movies sub-menu.

Edit: If you haven't already seen it... there is some discussion of home menu customization here you might find useful.
Thanks for the tip.  I tried this, but it won't let me change the name of the playlist as displayed on the submenu of Main Menu.  For instance, I have a smart playlist of operas.xsp, and that's how the playlist is displayed...  not OPERAS, as desired.  Any ideas?  It doesn't matter if I change the name, it still displays as opera.xsp
   Also, when I do add the playlist as a favourite in the sub-menu, a messagebox pops asking "Do you want to play the playlist instead of enetering?"  It doesn't matter what I answer (I select NO), whenever I select the playlist it immediately begins playing.  What am I doing wrong?
(2021-04-21, 21:21)ny_kodee_guy Wrote:
(2020-06-02, 01:07)nonJon Wrote:
(2020-06-02, 00:47)bfgane Wrote: Is there a simply way to present a selection for a playlist on the homepage? 

Sure. Browse to the playlist, bring up the context menu and choose 'Add to favorites'. Then go to 'Settings>Skin>Homepage>Home menus customizer' and add the favorite to the Movies sub-menu.

Edit: If you haven't already seen it... there is some discussion of home menu customization here you might find useful.
Thanks for the tip.  I tried this, but it won't let me change the name of the playlist as displayed on the submenu of Main Menu.  For instance, I have a smart playlist of operas.xsp, and that's how the playlist is displayed...  not OPERAS, as desired.  Any ideas?  It doesn't matter if I change the name, it still displays as opera.xsp
   Also, when I do add the playlist as a favourite in the sub-menu, a messagebox pops asking "Do you want to play the playlist instead of enetering?"  It doesn't matter what I answer (I select NO), whenever I select the playlist it immediately begins playing.  What am I doing wrong?
====
I think I answered my own question.  The mistake I was making was to browse for the playlist from the File Manager and "favourite" it from there.  Instead, when I favorited the playlist from the Browse button under Movies (or from anywhere within the library) then everything worked fine.  I was even able to delete it from Favourites immediately after, and the custom main menu button and function remained!
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Leia4