language file for settings labels in add on wont load
Im building an addon and am having bad luck with what should be a trivial thing. Im converting the labels in my settings xml file over to use ids from my language file and it just wont pick them up and i cant figure out why. Im using the correct 30xxx numbers in the strings po file and i have the correct format of the file when i compare to multiple other addons and the folder structure is correct compared to other addons. But when i go into my addons configure settings no labels are showing for categories or specific settings. Theres noting in the kodi log either saying theres an issue with my addon or language file.

Any ideas?

Thanks. Apparently im capable of coding python without issues, but not setting up a txt file of string labels.
Have you already restarted Kodi?
The language strings are only (re)loaded on startup after updating the addon via repo or zip file.
(2018-04-26, 21:41)Rechi Wrote: Have you already restarted Kodi?
The language strings are only (re)loaded on startup after updating the addon via repo or zip file.
 Yeah im pretty sure i had tried that but i also just tried it again and no luck. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the addon from zip file and restarting kodi and it's still not picking up the strings file and still no errors in the log. I have even tried using a file from another addon directly which has the same ids as my settings file and no luck. Do i have to indicate somewhere in maybe addon.xml what languages/folders the addon uses?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
language file for settings labels in add on wont load0