Trouble streaming one movie on local network.
Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone can have a look at my log and see what the problem is. When I try to play "Our Little Sister" it just keeps buffering. I've been trying to recode the movie with somewhat modest success. I have a 15 minute sample that I've been using for the testing. It plays fine on the host server in Windows 7 64bit. I am wired from the host server to a laptop by ehternet. And the laptop is connected to my dts receiver by hdmi. If there's any more info needed, please let me know. Is there a Kodi setup problem? Or is it all in how this particular movie was encoded?

Thanks.

A link to the log file here:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/v5THVy6Cyb/

Here is the media info of the movie:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/dvCjbrv66Q/

And here is my host server info:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/HSKJ8fXPg3/
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for your reply. I was completely unaware about the blacklist, being a relatively new user. I've gone through the list, and uninstalled all I could find that don't make the cut. Here is the new log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/BCwSRk7Jdn/
Your banned repo crap is still present on your system:

11:29:26.045 T:764 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmchub
11:29:26.045 T:764 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.noobsandnerds
11:29:26.045 T:764 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.ah
11:29:26.045 T:764 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.illuminati
11:29:26.045 T:764 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.PureRepo
I apologize. I've never done this before. I now deleted every extra repository I could find now. But you also listed xbmchub as banned? Is it? I couldn't find it. 

Anyway, I'm trying. Here is the new log:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/vT2pyx2JWb/
(2018-04-28, 20:06)Pitman33 Wrote: But you also listed xbmchub as banned? Is it? I couldn't find it. 
It's there as "XBMC HUB".
FYI: The XBMC Hub Wizard will install all the best TV addons onto XBMC / Kodi, such as Exodus, The Royal We, and Sportsdevil.

14:01:05.434 T:5616 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
Also, enable debugging as requested in our wiki page about posting a log file
Thanks for your patience, and reply. Ok, got it. Had to delete the folder.
Debugging on:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/FyRtHZ64X6/
This is out of the top of my head:
Quote:14:32:04.159 T:2880 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.video.F4mProxy has been installed.'
14:32:04.160 T:2880 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.exodus.artwork has been installed.
14:32:04.160 T:2880 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.exodus.metadata has been installed.'
14:32:04.162 T:2880 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in plugin.video.f4mTester has been installed.'
Start with a total new/clean/fresh setup and don't waste your AND our time.
Final warning.
That's harsh. First off, I didn't know about the blacklist. I'm new to this. I'm trying to follow your instructions. Can't you be a little more sympathetic? Sheesh. I'm trying here. I'd rather get rid of what is not supposed to be on here than do a fresh setup. I don't want to lose all my settings and stuff.  Will work on it. I don't think a "final warning" was really necessary here. Would I be posting my logs if I had know all that stuff was not allowed? Think about it. Please I need help with the movie that's not streaming properly. Not even one suggestion about that yet? It's all there too in the log.
Many of those addons screw around with the internal workings of Kodi and can cause all sorts of undesirable outcomes.

Some of those mentioned scripts for example are from banned addons which you've uninstalled but the add-on has left them behind still running. Do you know what they are doing? Given that the add-ons are knowingly using illegally sourced media do you trust them?

This is why we suggest a clean restart, as you've basically comprised your device and potentially even your network as the have been cases of some previous versions of those 3rd party addons running crypto currency mining or other malware.

The only way to be sure it's too nuke from orbit and start afresh being much more careful about what you install.

And as for not knowing, I would point out that our stance on piracy was introduced to you along with our forum rules (wiki) when you signed up here, and to join you had to accept them and agree to abide by them. There is little more we can do to make people actually read them, but it doesn't mean we won't enforce them.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
DarrenHill: You're right. And yes, I didn't bother to read the rules, etc. when I joined. That was just lax on my part. From your point of view, I know ignorance is not an argument you hold highly. Nevertheless, I have cleaned out my Kodi files/folders with any references to the above noted banned items. 

Klojum: What more can I say? And once again, I apologize. I don't mean to be wasting anyone's time. In fact, this is a learning experience for me, and well worth my time. Thanks for replying and helping me this far. I believe I have it now. At the risk of burning my "final warning" even though, technically, there was never a first warning, (and i'm not sure what that warning means because it's not like I'm refusing to do what you have asked, I'm working hard at it!), I am linking the latest log file:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/nNhnrry5qN/
Stuff that still shouldn't be there or that is at least dubious:

Code:
18:27:41.090 T:3568   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in metadata.hebmovies.wiz has been installed.'
18:27:41.091 T:3568   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in program.plexus has been installed.'
18:27:41.092 T:3568   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in plugin.program.advancedsettings has been installed.'

And there are a few more modules which are possibly questionable.

At the moment there is so much debris left in your install and possibly so much residual damage from the junk that has already been removed that burning to the keel and starting again is the best option. It may not be possible to recover a stable system from the mess that you currently have.

As a trial close Kodi, in Windows explorer go to the folder C:\Users\pv\AppData\Roaming\ and rename the Kodi folder you'll find there to Kodi.bak .

Then restart Kodi and it should start up as a fresh install. Then set things up minimally to be able to play your problem file (do not add anything by way of sources or addons that aren't needed for that) and see if it works or not.

Afterwards you can go back to the C:\Users\pv\AppData\Roaming\ folder, delete the new Kodi folder and rename Kodi.bak to Kodi to restore your old setup.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-04-29, 00:38)Pitman33 Wrote: Klojum: What more can I say? And once again, I apologize. I don't mean to be wasting anyone's time. In fact, this is a learning experience for me, and well worth my time
There are those moments when "the next person" grilling us with links to piracy-related material gets the full blast.
Believe it that this is never really meant personal, but Team Kodi members are people too. So, apology accepted.
However, as you already found out, picking out the bad seeds in your current Kodi setup proves to be very time-consuming.
In my experience, it's simply easier and faster to start with a clean slate, and learn from previous mistakes. Smile
Klojum, DarrenHill, thanks again for your help and replies. Ok, I'll do as instructed and get back to you.
Ok, here is the clean Kodi log, as per instructions. I guess I'll have to work from the ground up again.  Nerd

The movie is buffering like mad. But I suspect it's the encoding of the movie? Don't usually have this problem.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/H6cnqBHyH3/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble streaming one movie on local network.0